PDA

View Full Version : Who here is running a straight pipe, (Pros & Cons)

DURAMONSTER
05-18-2003, 01:35
Im going to straight pipe my truck with the stock system. Is this going to work instead of a 4" system, and how loud will it be. I dont want it loud. Pros and cons. Who makes the juice and where to buy it.

hoot
05-18-2003, 04:31
Mine has been straight piped for a couple of years. OK at idle.
Loud under load.

Try the search feature of this site and search straight pipe and juice.

imported_
05-18-2003, 07:39
What Hoot said, I found it got louder with the juice. It really barks. You don't realize it until you stand on the curb and let a friend do a full throttle pass by you. I try and be considerate to those standing at the bus stop :D

I did mine with flex tube, band clamps and muffler goop. Total cost $26 :eek: Dropped my egts by 100 degrees while cruising at 70mph

I love it

mguebert
05-18-2003, 08:29
I can just repeat what the others have said, It's sounds good until you get on it, then it gets on the loud side smile.gif

Rebel_Horseman
05-18-2003, 16:49
Ditto that. I did exactly what Big Blue did. I love the way it sounds. Don't know about egt's cause I don't have a set of gauges yet. At idle it's not bad and running around it's ok too. Towing, especially with an enclosed trailer (livestock or 5er) it can be loud. Basically it's a matter of preference. Some like it loud and others don't. Cruising at interstate speeds can be loud if you aren't used to it.

Reb [><]

05-18-2003, 17:23
Duramonster, I left you a reply on the straight pipe in (for those with juice)...I haden't gotten to this thread yet..See ya :rolleyes:

DURAMONSTER
05-19-2003, 00:13
Thats what I wanted to know. Thanxs.