PDA

View Full Version : Broken Mirror

indydmax
05-16-2003, 21:57
This is probably the wrong place to post this, but oh well. My daughter broke the glass ( only ) on my driver side rear view mirror. How do you replace just the glass? On the inside of the truck there are 3 bolt to remove the whole assembly; however, I'm not sure I will be able to remove just the glass by removing the assembly. My daughter hit the mirror with a softball. It was my fault for parking where I did. Any help will be appreciated.

mguebert
05-17-2003, 09:36
Look on ebay for a replacement mirror. I have seen several sets of oem mirrors go pretty reasonable.

hoot
05-17-2003, 11:03
Not sure on our newer truck but my Wifes '94 K1500 you grab the mirror and basically pull it out with force. It's got plastic threaded rods that are designed to be yank on like that. The new one you just line up the rods into the holes and ram it right back in.

Good to see you posting again Mark ;)

[ 05-17-2003: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

indydmax
05-17-2003, 14:40
Thanks for the replies!

Called the dealer and they indicated that I need to purchase the entire assembly ( $180.78 ). I'm going to try some auto glass dealers before going to that expense. The only gottcha on this one is that it is a double mirror. The little close up blind spot mirror is broke, also.

atvpilot
05-18-2003, 02:55
Indymax,
I am putting a set of ttt mirrors on my 2002 2500HD. My oem mirrors are power heated and I am considering on selling them. What year is your truck?? If you are interested e-mail me at atvpilot2003@yahoo.com I am sure if it's the right mirror I can help you out. :cool:

indydmax
05-18-2003, 09:00
My mirrors are the factory manual extension type, no heat and no power. Thanks for the offer.