PDA

View Full Version : Got the 1.04 version

orange2
05-16-2003, 15:33
Well no defueling in the 100 hp setting, haven't tried any other yet. Seems to come on earlier and smoother than the 85 hp setting in the 1st version. Smokes like a train if you lug it, gotta luv that. The guy who I bought the truck from was driving his mower down the street so i gave him a little smoke. Haven't checked the speedo correction yet, my gps is in my tractor. I don't have gauges so I can't tell you any temps, sorry. I don't tow anything so don't tell me I need them, I already know. :D

orange2
05-16-2003, 15:37
Oh, another thing, my flywheel was back ordered but it is in now. My truck goes in on tuesday to get fixed, so i got the weekend to play and abuse some more!! I figure i just as well because if the clutch is on the edge of needing replaced I am going to put it over so there is no question. tongue.gif Must remember to scrape excess rubber from mudflap before taking to dealer!!!

ndamico
05-16-2003, 16:05
i was quite happy with my 1.04 too, but i never had any other version!

RWTD - are you around?

WhiteDuramax
05-16-2003, 21:08
I also recieved my Predator today, I kind of expected a little more off the line, kind of hesitates a little. It is very fast though as soon as you build some rpms. It does smoke some if you let off and roll back into it. I was very suprised that it didnt smoke off the line, like from a stop sign, mine doesnt hardly smoke,this is all on the 100hp setting. Speed limit removal does work ;) ! Kind of just have to play with it to figure stuff out, hope they come out with a higher hp tune for it soon, or else Im gonna have to stack. How come they dont come with a cable to hook up to a pc, since they are coming out with the internet thing right? It was definately worth the money though.

orange2
05-16-2003, 21:38
I have a 6 gear so it is easy to get it to smoke. I really need t get my stock exhaust off and get gauges, i am planning to do some pick up pulls with it this summer. 300 ft probably isn't long enought to get it to hot but gauges are fu n to watch.

WhiteDuramax
05-17-2003, 20:40
Drove my truck to Lima today to the 4 wheel jamboree, with predator on 100hp of course. Had some problems, the truck acted like it cut out, it did it four times total, i would be goin along not real hard, but it did it when I was on and off the pedal, its like it froze the truck, pedal would do nothing and rpms slowly dropped, then it would come back in a couple seconds and be fine. The last time it set the check engine light, so I stopped and checked it, overboost code, this happend while on the interstate. I am otherwise happy with the predator. I did install gauges today and it hits 25 lbs of boost, so why is it setting this sensor off. Also after turbo pryo, 900 is the highest I could get it to go, so thats not too bad.

mackin
05-18-2003, 05:50
WhiteDuramax

Overboost code is common in 01 ... Have you had all the updates to the ECM ?? Mine "use to" do the same under load climbing heavy in the GO,bink SES .....

You can add 2/300 degrees to your EGT readings if I'm reading it right you installed post turbo .... So 1100* 1200 * sounds more like it, or higher, depending on load .... Some have said the Predator runs a tad hotter then the Juice ..... Duno if it's true ....

Cant help you on the ghost peddle .... Earlier Juice programs had the same issue on some trucks,not sure if it would be the same ....

Mac

[ 05-18-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

hoot
05-18-2003, 12:14
WhiteDuramax,

That's exactly what I get with propane under certain conditions. Mines an 01 and has been reflashed. Still does it.