PDA

View Full Version : gauge installer in Houston Tx?

David Proske
05-16-2003, 12:05
Anyone know of a good shop in Houston Tx. to have gauges installed in my 03 Max?

Also when drilling into the intake and exhaust to install the probe, what steps are used to remove the shavings?

dave

schnier
05-16-2003, 12:45
As Hoot stated in a similar post the one I used was a 1/4-18 NPT compression fitting, and the drill was a .437 or 7/16 pilot drill. Just start the motor and let it idle while you are drilling and tapping the hole. This will blow the metal chips right out the hole and in you face, so wear safety googles. And maybe gloves as the exhaust is a little warm after a while.

DBeener
05-19-2003, 07:45
David, I bought my gauge pod and Isspro Pyro;Boost; and Oil Temp. Gauges from Houston Performance Diesel. They also go under the name of Walkers Diesel. They did my install also. My Dmax was their first to do. I took them the instructions for the install that was on this website. I am pleased with the way it came out and have had no problems so far. Their phone number is 713-875-3279. There is one other Diesel shop I know of but he specializes in F**ds more than anything else. They are Diesel Innovations and they do have a website. I don't have their phone number offhand nor do I know the quality of their work. If you have any other questions feel free to email me. David

David Proske
05-25-2003, 12:54
Thanks for the replys. DBeener, I'll give Houston performance diesel a try since you had good luck there.

We might have to meet up one day so I can see how a juiced truck runs. Howdo you like your 4-5" exhaust? I straight piped mine; liked it at first but it wears on me a little on a road trip.

send me your e-mail at L65diesel@sbcglobal.net and I'll send you a holler back.