PDA

View Full Version : What happened ??

NETMINDER
12-23-2003, 10:40
I let the truck sit outside all day at work (around 25 F) then had to stop at a local retailer about 5min away. I shut'er down (I normally don't do this) the truck was no where near warm yet at shut down. Was in store for about 10 min. Came back to truck put key in the ignition and tried to start it. It turned over but never fired after 7-8 secs. I backed off for a minute or so then tried again - fired right up but my engine light came on. I ran another 20 miles or so home, truck seemed fine no rough idle or smoke - acclerated as hard as usual. Pulled in the driveway and shut'er down again for about a minute - restarted it (no problem) but that dam engine light was still on. So I rev'ed up the motor a lil and tried again - off a minute then on again. This time no light.
WHAT HAPPENED ??

10k on truck
Juice with Attitude - run level2 in winter
Using Power Service additive with #2

It's about a week later and everything still seems fine..

More Power
12-23-2003, 14:09
Without knowing what code(s) were set, the possibilities are many.

I'd suggest visiting the dealer to get the codes read. Even though the check engine light isn't on now, there should be a code(or codes) stored in history. If nothing else, this might help speed troubleshooting, in the off chance this happens again.

MP