PDA

View Full Version : So who else is having No Problems with their truck?

Paintdude
05-13-2003, 19:38
I must say this is the best truck I have ever owned. No problems whatsover,ever since the steering bearing replacement. Just change oil and drive. smile.gif

hoot
05-13-2003, 20:13
Mine's been real good. All the original parts.

Ooops.
New serpentine idler.
New passenger window down switch.
2 new drivers side door skins.

[ 05-13-2003: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

Paintdude
05-13-2003, 20:31
I did buy a new motorcycle last month..A ZRX1200 2003 model and at anything over 95mph the bike weaved back and forth..I checked it all over and it still did it. Then we had it measured by Computrack and the FRAME is bent,not just some but like a wrecked bike alot..! Kawasaki is disputing my findings on a bike with 300 miles on it. The front wheel is not running on the center of the tread, it is runing on the side,making it weave at speed. So I had the frame straightened last week at my expense 480 bucks and alot of free labor(Mine). Now it looks like small claims court to recoup my money..So all and all I am very happy with GM after dealing with these Corprate Attorneys at the big K in CA.. :mad: The bike had more miles on it in the trailer than it had on the speedo for the first month.. :mad:

Just venting,sorry.. :D

Hound
05-13-2003, 21:27
My truck just flat out sucks... oil change , oil change, oil change :mad: Hmmm... maybe it has somethin to do with all the driving? The only thing outside of regular maintenance that I've done was replace the NSBU but the one that was in wasn't having any problems. 0 problems to date at about 45,000 mi. :D

[ 05-13-2003: Message edited by: Hound ]</p>

56Nomad
05-13-2003, 21:31
Paintdude....... Big ditto!
Almost 25,ooo miles and no problems at all

Dawg
05-13-2003, 21:33
Only problem was a window switch needed to be replaced. No other problems. Do my own maintenance. :cool:

SoCalDMAX
05-13-2003, 21:54
I'm very unhappy with mine.

I've added so many mods, the only thing left I can think of to add to it is an extra fuel filter. But I'm not quite ready to open that can o worms yet.

Then maybe if I get a 5er, I'll have to add a 5er hitch and maybe airbags if it seems to need it.

Then there's the loneliness - I can't get any Ford PSDs to race me. Their friends are warning them off before I can convince them to go for a little run.

I couldn't keep tires on the trailer, they all shredded off in 3 trips over the mountains. Had to buy all new higher rating tires, even though the tires that shredded were new looking.

With the 255 tires, I kept getting stuck in the sand with the trailer and only 2WD. Bought 305s on 8" rims and haven't gotten stuck since, even tho I'm still a lousy driver.

And when I go places with friends, their wives insist they want to ride in MY truck. So of course the hubby climbs in, too. Then the argument starts. Hubby says - man, is this quiet!Boy, is it fast! He starts asking me mileage and towing questions. Wife starts frowning. Hubby is getting pretty excited, asking if GM is still doing 60 mo. no interest financing.
Wife starts getting REALLY concerned and gets sarcastic. "Sure, you can buy it. The XM radio. And put it in my car, not yours."
"I'm talking about the truck, honey..." he shmoozes.
"Oh - well your chances of getting one of these trucks is about as good as your chances of getting a date with Pam Anderson tonight. Zilch."

Uncomfortable silence.

Or the Hubby makes a comment about "Must be nice to be single and be able to afford the toys. I gotta wife and kid keeping me in the poorhouse."
I squirm uncomfortably.
Wife chimes in, "That's no problem. You can be single again. But you ain't seen broke yet...."
About then I wanna fall out the window or melt into the seat.

Meanwhile it's gobbling vast expanses of asphalt, passing lesser vehicles (read: everything in sight) while sipping fuel. All the gasser trucks had to fill up in San Felipe to make it back. I filled up in Calexico, drove down to SF, drove all weekend and back to Calexico and only used 18 gal.

There's a barely perceptible intermittent squeak coming from the dash, behind the glove box. It only happens on rough roads and I can't hear it if the stereo is on. Gonna have to get a buddy to drive it while I investigate and fix it. Then I'll have to threaten to shoot him to get him out of the driver's seat.

My sister bought an Escalade. She really likes it. Her Durango was OK, but it rides badly even for a truck and is very loud. She was telling me how nice it is to have room for 6, and it's so quiet. (It's just her, my very cool brother-in-law and her ridiculously spoiled dog). I told her, "Yeah, I like having seating for 6 as well. And having the quad in the bed and the 25' toybox hooked up in back, or a boat. With a cell phone, laptop with DVD and GPS, XM radio and a large 12V cooler, I'm good to go. Rides really nice, especially when towing. I think I paid a lot less, too."
She just glares.
He snickers and we talk about something else.

Yup, this thing is nothing but trouble... ;)

Regards, Steve

mflstc
05-13-2003, 21:59
Sometimes I know I should keep my mouthshut because if you say everything is ok something is bound to go wrong. Oh well. I have only had to get a fog light replaces. The cheap plastic mount broke. My dealer covered under warrenty. I hop they are as good with any other problems that may occur. smile.gif

TBC
05-13-2003, 22:20
Since there are so many bad reports on these GM trucks with the aluminum head diesel engine I will just add my 2 cents worth of troubles. I also had a fog light bracket that was broken and at under 2000 miles a leaking fuel rail. Have 29, 000 miles on it now and all I do is change oil and filters and drive it. I also get to fuel up about every 900 to 1000 miles since my 41 gal tanks runs dry at just over 600 miles and the 26 gallon tank only runs another 300 to 400 miles. Towing is a little less. An amazing truck.

Tom

ChevysRus
05-13-2003, 23:26
Count me in with the Happy Campers smile.gif Just returned from Round trip Brentwood (SF) to Seattle. Bobtail up ha ha ha and hauled the 28' car trailer back mty. All the way up at 75-80 mph and averaged 18.7 MPG.

Trip back at 65-70 MPG with about 6K mty trailer and averaged 14.4 mph. Downshifted twice over the mountain and tranny brake came on once going down the other side (all with the trailer). Burned a pint of oil in 1800 mile trip.

Still have the firepops at 28K and looking good (I really just need an excuse to swap them out, but they look sooooo good, probably have 10-20K left. OH, I almost forgot, tranny stayed way under 200 the whole trip, nice to have the big pan and extra tranny fluid.

I have to stop, I have tears in my eyes, I just love this truck! ;)

Have Fun, Live Long, Prosper and Get Naked Often!

Victory Red
05-14-2003, 03:39
Well early on I had a broken wire underneath the dash and everytime I used my parking brake something electrical would blow out(seat, passenger side windows, BCM, dash lights). It was found though, not a single hiccup since.

The biggest problem is that once again I have to take the wifes Trailblazer to work today because she needs my truck to do her daily running. Hmmm, she claims she hates pickups, it's too damn big and difficult to get in and out of. Yet she keeps on needing to borrow it.

mackin
05-14-2003, 04:19
It's a friggen Money Pit ...... :eek:

I too have SOCAl truck'itis ......

MAC :D :D :D

D-max Man
05-14-2003, 05:45
Hoot,

What do you meam 2-door skins. I was there when you did in the first one.

Did that pole jump out in front of you again?

Mudflap
05-14-2003, 06:16
My 2001 is the best truck I have ever had. 60,000 miles, most of it towing a 34' travel trailer. I did have the one piece drive shaft conversion done and replaced the NBSU. Due to hitting an engine block that some s**thead dropped in the road, my beloved insurance company did treat me to a new frame. I have been trying to come up with a good excuse to buy a new truck, but I only owe 9,500 on this one, I think I'll keep it!

WillowCreekStable
05-14-2003, 06:29
30,000 km. Just fuel and oil changes. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ram/tx
05-14-2003, 06:41
25,000 and just adding fuel and burning up the roads. Oil and fuel filter change when required. :D :D :D :D

4x4man
05-14-2003, 06:52
Not one problem with my 03 in 4,500 miles!! Of course the only problem I have is reading this site too often.....so many mods....so little time!! I have to use the mods as an excuse to do something to the truck because it doesn't break!! I am a wrench head, the hood CAN'T BE DOWN!!! :D

Bob

hoot
05-14-2003, 07:01
D-Max man

Bout time you chimed in here somewhere. Where ya been?

The Rendezvous Wreck took out both drivers side doors. :D

To fill anyone in that doesn't know what we are talking about....
Picture this....

Truck is a 2001. I drive from Pa to Ohio to the 2001 Diesel Page Rendezvous.

Following morning, trucks all clean and shiney, we line up for the trip out to the Dmax plant in Moraine.

I back up and take out both doors against a telphone pole light post. Creosote and ripples do not look good at 9:00AM in the morning.

Luckily with some help from the boys, I compounded the creosote off and banged on the dents with my fist. A lot of it popped out. You couldn't tell in the pictures. White does a good job of hiding imperfections.

She's perfect now. Just had a new windshield put in Saturday from road rocks. Watched the crack travel all the way accross the windshield over the winter. This morning a stone hit it. Luckily nothing happened.

[ 05-14-2003: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

OC_DMAX
05-14-2003, 07:02
Truck is 18 months old and used primarily on the weekends for camping, motorcycling and boating trips. Usually pulling a trailer of some sort. Powertrain is completely stock. Been to the dealer once to fix a squeek in the driver side door. Other than that just normal maintenance. A happy Chevy DMAX owner so far.

GMC D-Max
05-14-2003, 07:12
Other than having a foglamp housing replaced (bad seal, moisture in it), and a possible leaky axle seal (still gotta schedule a trip to the stealer), it's been fantastic! No complaints! (well, there was that stupid "Twilight Sentinel" thing, but that's been fixed.... ;) )

NCalDMax
05-14-2003, 09:05
2002 w/22,000 Miles: Slight squeak upon startup that I'm now sure is the serpentine belt. (i.e. no big deal, just giving full disclosure)

Best new vehicle experience for me ever (so far).

Fit, finish, design excellent. GM has put a lot of thought into this thing.

Yeah, not bad for a $40K class truck &lt;g&gt;

My 2 cents.

Mike Fultz
05-14-2003, 09:16
Nothin but trouble here too. As soon as I brought home the new 2500HD D/A, I think every person I know or neighbor I have has been by.... usually asking me for a favor.... like "can we take it to the dump? or can you help me haul mulch? or lets take your truck to the car show, and can we bring your trailer?. The latest is I am now committed to going to Atlanta and picking up a buddies race car. The truck is just too busy to have any problems!! All I have time for is changing oil and adding diesel...... gotta go, the boss wants me to take him to Home Depot and pick up a new door frame for his house. It seems his short bed GMC gasser is too small for the job???? I think he just likes to ride in the diesel...

..... never knew I had so many friends.....
Mike

mtomac
05-14-2003, 09:24
So far my truck has only been back to the dealer twice in over 52000 miles all three items were fixed under warranty. Over half of the 52000 miles have been dragracing, truckpulling & towing 22000-26000# combined

-output shaft seal leak DS front
-seal leak on top steering box
-had updated rubber donuts put on rear leaf springs

Items I fixed myself *truck was still under warrany

-broken downpipe bracket (welded it up when I put my boost/pyro gauges in)

MaxRock
05-14-2003, 10:27
My '02 has just under 50k miles. She never has been back to the dealer for any repairs! First new truck I've ever owned (of course all of my trucks were Chevy's, it there any other brand!) that didn't have to go back to the dealer for some minor flaw.

My biggest grip is my rear tires wear out to fast. First vehicle I've ever owned were I have to rotate the tires to get them off of the back!!! Nice problem to have, especially for a bone stock truck. That ZF really puts the power to the wheels when taking off. Hard to make a turn from a dead stop and not haze the tires a bit.

Oh well, just a problem I have to live with!

Best darn truck I've ever owned!!!

MaxRock

DmaxCC6spd
05-14-2003, 10:29
17000 miles and not to the staeler for anything. Correct the clutch pedal popping noise with a cutogg wheel and has a large amount of white smoke out the exhaust, but this only happened once wih less than 400 miles. I decided this was just an oops or a one time deal since it has not happened again in 16600 miles and 2 years.

Love this truck!

DMax_Doug
05-14-2003, 11:11
39,000 happy miles so far smile.gif

Repairs:
Passenger door lock latch popped off @16k (GM warranty covered)
Trans cooler line leaked at 37k (ext warranty covered)
Trans shift business problem ;) fixed (ODLO installed) at 37k (ext warranty covered)

Doug

Searay90
05-14-2003, 11:51
20,000 miles, with no problems except that defective air filter I found. GM is reimbursing me for my GM Major Guard warranty and extending the warranty on the motor to 150K miles with no deductable. So I'm fairly happy with the outcome of that issue. I think the truck is now completely broke in as I'm not using but about 1/3 quart of oil every 2-3K miles.

No mods, and she pulled great with 9K lbs behind her going up to flagstaff AZ (from Pheonix) on I-17. Stayed at 70mph in 4th the entire climb from 2000 ft to 7700 ft above sea level smile.gif

This is definately the best truck combo I have ever owned and people always comment on how nice the ride is for such a Heavy duty truck.

[ 05-14-2003: Message edited by: Searay90 ]</p>

SS396
05-14-2003, 13:06
The only problem I had is the missing fuse for the trailer harness option.

8,000 miles on the truck with no problems what so ever. With the camping season here the mileage will increase.

This truck is almost more fun to drive than the Chevelle, note I said almost. Great truck.

imported_
05-14-2003, 13:59
too many problems.... ;) 2 new drl in front 2 new licsence plate lights 1 trailer receptacle..... hmmm thats about all i have.....
one of the most reliable fuel efficient trucks i have owned. i would definately recommend this ride to anyone!

Big O
05-14-2003, 15:20
GREAT TRUCK! Best vehicle I ever owned, period. Nothing has broken. My only gripe at 30,000 miles is the squecking clutch pedal, replacement did not solve the problem.

Lone Eagle
05-14-2003, 15:38
I've had a lot of good trucks over the years but this is by far the best. Only problem in 27K was the steering rattle. Dealer replaced the box. Later! Lone Eagle :D :D :D

Brucec
05-14-2003, 15:53
Well have not touched my Dmax, and no problems to report with 12,000 miles towing my 13,600 pound 5th. My Diesel Milage could be a little better but guess you can't have everything.

taarciag
05-14-2003, 16:06
25k on mine, no problems. I don't tow as heavy of a load as some of the others here but in the summer I do tow our boat almost every other day. I can't complain. The truck is a champ thus far!

BADMAX
05-14-2003, 18:14
I HAVE A REAL, REAL BIG PROBLEM WITH MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. COMING UP WITH ALL THE MONEY I NEED FOR THE MODS I WANT.TRUCK IS AWESOME. GOT TO GO NOW,I PROMISED MY NEIGHBOR I WOULD HELP HIM FIND IS DOORS TO HIS 97 POWERSTROKEMEOFF ,THEY BLEW OFF LAST NIGHT AS A PULLED HARD ON HIM IN 2ND GEAR! THEN IT WAS ALL OVER FOR HIM.

Texas Bulldog
05-14-2003, 18:31
I have a big problem with mine too, I may have to replace the rear tires before I should but oh well. 47,000 mile and not a hickup yet

Raptorrider2001
05-14-2003, 18:39
Paintdude! - Thanks for starting this thread. I am so glad to hear that there are guys out there that are not having any touble with their trucks and love them as much as I do. I was getting "Paranoid" and thinking I had made a big mistake buying this truck when so many seemed to be having trouble. :D :D :D

dmaxalliTech
05-14-2003, 18:55
My truck is in the shop every stinking day :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

All I do is work on it, this and that, I always have to do something to it....Its getting very irratating.

I have to keep putting washer solvent in it all winter long!!!... Oh, I guess thats it. It's not so bad :D

Idle_Chatter
05-14-2003, 19:02
Well, I've logged nearly 54,000 miles so far. My '01 has been a dream machine. Other than routine maintenance of oil & filters, the "problems" have been simple: one low beam bulb, serpentine belt tensioner, a stone-punctured right rear tire, a sidewall failure on the spare tire and a TCM reflash for the "harsh downshift to first." Couldn't be happier with my truck or the service it's provided!

WhiteDuramax
05-14-2003, 19:11
Mine has been great, although I have only had it 2 weeks it does have 67,000 on it though. And those were trouble free, since DmaxAlliTech checked it out for me thanks. All it had done was a DRL Bulb and a recall performed, awesome truck! I guess it does have a fog light lens missing, anyone know where the best place is to get one??

Tsckey
05-14-2003, 19:30
16+k. Needs to go in for a major key fob repair. Waiting for the other shoe to drop. Also, paint is excessively bright after washing. Need new sunglasses. May sue GM for failing to warn of possible retina damage.

TC

felpa41
05-14-2003, 19:43
Fifteen thousand miles, only one small problem so far: Transmission would not engage reverse one morning. Dealer picked it up and had it fixed (reprogram I think)later that day.

Very pleased with my truck.

My first pickup, my first diesel.

FstTrack
05-14-2003, 20:00
32,000 not a bit of trouble this is the best truck I have ever owned so far I love it.

YZF1R
05-14-2003, 20:55
One drivers door window motor, tailgate cap. Just love the thing.

Steve

motovet
05-15-2003, 00:00
Good..good..good. Steering rattle fixed,windshield molding glued, and paint chips constantly repaired (Lanka), and can be a strain on the finances. I like it!

DURAMONSTER
05-15-2003, 00:33
Im glad this thread got started. I was parinoid to. Love my truck. Nothing so far. I ride in my old 2000 3500 gasser every now and then, and its like riding in a tin can, and I use to think it was the ****. I cant believe the difference in the 2 trucks. DAM WHAT A TRUCK. At work I drive new powerjokes. Those poor ford and dodge people, Thay dont know what there missing. But thats ok.

FisHn2DMax
05-15-2003, 03:19
My Wife hates the NEW DuraMax! She claims ever since we got the new truck, I spend more time driving or adding new "gagets" on in it than spending quality time her. Hummmmm, She's probably right. I think I'll go buy her a pair of overalls so we can spend more quality time together under the truck :eek: LOL..

I never had a truck I've enjoyed driving more than this one! No problems other than weak FM reception the dealer can't seem fix? With the 6 cd changer and XM, I don't listen to FM anyway.

By Far the HD D/A is the best riding, most powerful and comfortable truck I've ever owned! :D

redneckcowdoctor
05-15-2003, 04:30
101,915 miles. Lopey idle fixed under warrantee, front wheel bearings replaced at 85-95,000. Runs better now than at 10,000 miles. Very sorry I'll have to trade it in this year but tax situation will demand it. Jeff

mackey_62
05-15-2003, 05:23
Just about 20k miles now and not a single problem.
One little 1/4 panel dent, trophy from plowing season.
If I had a complaint, just can't seem to hit 20 mpg. Guess I'll have to live with 19 :D :D
Oh yeah, the squeeky clutch.... annoying, but noone is going to touch it till they get a definite fix.

GMC-2002-Dmax
05-15-2003, 06:35
MY Truck,

Let's see, 23K and the only thing so far is a steering bearing and some routine updates to the TCM/PCm for OD lockout .

I live near MACKIN and the chevyhdman so I have to keep up :eek: :eek: with the mod's. I usually let MACKIN go first and then I analyze the situation, then I make the mod if I need to.

HOT JUICE, Thanks MAC, special D'd it to me.

Hey but anyway, mileage is great, truck is great, wallet is alot more empty, THANKS HOOT ;) .

Oh well, no complaints here.

GMC :D

[ 05-15-2003: Message edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax ]</p>

cmadmaxman
05-15-2003, 07:13
Only small problems so far. 35,000 miles. Will be keeping this truck for a long time!! :D :D :D

Jelisfc
05-15-2003, 07:45
mackey_62, I'm with you on the squeaky clutch. As much as I believe in plastics I doubt the squeak will completely go away unless the pedal goes back to steel. Same with the hard clutch pedal. It's not going in until at least 30K miles or the problem gets worse. My dent is from Buffalo hunting. Why does it always happen on the drivers's side?!!

My biggest problem so far has been a ratteling transfer case tie rod. One strategically placed cabel tie took care of that. ;)

Allison Jettester
05-15-2003, 08:56
Absolutely no problems in 14,000 miles, several thousand towing. Never have driven anything better (although my Corvette may corner better, the truck with the Juice is more comfortable and almost as fast in acceleration). Couldn't ask for, or buy, a better vehicle and still get 18-22 mpg.

Colorado Kid
05-15-2003, 09:17
Only one problem/dealer visit so far...fly door lock assembly was fixed 2 minutes after I arrived unannounced at the dealership without even pulling into a bay. Took them longer to enter my VIN# and personal info into their computer then to fix the probelm...literally I was still giving the service writer the info when the tech came back in from fixing my truck...and that dealership was about a 500 foot detour from my usual route home...I was almost 5 minutes later than usual getting home! :rolleyes:

If I told you guys how much better my ownership experience has been with this truck compared to my wife's '99 Honda you'd think I'd been taking drugs. :cool:

truck_n
05-15-2003, 09:37
I've been reading this post for a couple of days, and thought I'd pass along my 168,000 mile report from my 01 2500hd CC 4X4 w/Allison. Blue smoke at idle at 115,000. Replaced 2 injectors. unfortunately, same problem is now reoccuring at 168,000. Otherwise this truck is and has been fantastic! As I write this, I get 20 mpg empty, 14 mpg towing 12-15,000 enclosed car hauler. I have never added oil between changes.Transmission has been flawless. Ride and handling is superb (Added Bilstien shocks at 40,000) I am meticuluos about the maintenance, but over the last 2 years, this truck has been a better investment than the stock market! :D

hoot
05-15-2003, 10:01
Tony V,

Were or are you using additive and if yes, what kind and when?

Thanks
Mike

truck_n
05-15-2003, 11:32
hoot,
I have not been using additive. I will be now after a recommendation from this forum. What's your view on an additive?

hoot
05-15-2003, 11:47
Just about everyone who has had injector problems did not use additives.

GM recently posted a additive usage document that basically gives us license to use it.

That's about all I have to go on. Probably won't hurt as long as we use proven products.

DURAMONSTER
05-16-2003, 01:05
Do you guys use additives on every tank or what? Is it a bottle you buy?

Diesel Dame
05-18-2003, 15:48
Checking in at 48,000 miles. Oil change, oil change, oil change. Only irritant is an inconsistant lopy idle that I am too lazy to drive down to the dealer about.
Truck is more than I expected in all ways.

imported_
05-18-2003, 16:42
I love my truck. The best thing you can buy with four doors. :D I would have a hard time trading it off for anything.

Still hate the "tick......tick, tick" :rolleyes:

Pizza Man
05-18-2003, 18:58
Stock trailer hitch broke on the 2001 so I put the Titan on it!
The 2003 came with no hitch so I put the titan on it too.

pinehill
05-18-2003, 19:14
DURAMONSTER,

Many here use additives to help lube the injector pump and the injectors. Another benefit is that it helps with water-fuel problems. For water handling, some prefer emulsifiers, and others demulsifiers. Do a search on additives for more than you'll want to read.

GMCTRUCK
05-18-2003, 20:22
Let's see, the factory oil filter was on way too tight when I did the first oil change. Other than that, 9 trouble free months. smile.gif

britannic
05-19-2003, 08:41
Had a failed waterpump seal at 150 miles and after 6700 miles the temperature display in the rearview mirror is displaying hieroglyphics - apart from that, no other problems.

Paintdude
05-19-2003, 17:22
Today I called the guy at Gm corporate that helped me get my steering fixed and thanked him again for helping me and that I was very pleased with my truck..He was astonished to get the compliment phone call. He said a ray of sunshine can always help the day.

I can be a bad apple when things go wrong but I remember who helped make it right.

Linda
05-19-2003, 20:15
At 941 miles the only problem I'm having is I think my speedometer must be broken. Every time I look down at it that darn thing says I'm doing 78 in a 65 zone. Must be broken because it just seems to get to that speed so fast and it only feels like I'm doing 40!

Gonna have to call you guys to come bail me out if I keep this up.

Rides like a luxury car but handles like a sports car. I'm not going to tow until I'm at about 1500 miles. If the truck pulls half as good as it runs I'll be on Cloud Nine.

There's absolutely nothing I can say bad about this truck. I love it, I love it, I love it.

Test drove them all and am so thankful I made the right decision.

KCFilley aka Linda

Husker Fan
05-20-2003, 07:17
16,000 miles on a 03.

Bad Towing Mirror (Wouldn't stay locked in when folded)
Two rattles.
One broken key

That's it. I would recommend it to anyone.

huntindog
05-21-2003, 09:24
Had to go to the dealer once, the sewing job on the leather steerimg wheel was coming unraveled. Boy what a wait all of 15 minutes. This is the best truck I have ever owned. :D

sixl
05-21-2003, 09:49
I had a 02' Dmax and loved it, the way it ran and pulled was great and never had any trouble out of it, a man approached me wanting to buy it so I soled it to him (high). I was looking for something eles to drive I bought a D***e HO
This truck will pull, I never have been much on Dodge but pulling my 5er the D***e will do circles around my Dmax. I only have a 65hp Edge ez and 5" exh. just got the aFe intake. That isn't $hit compared to the extras I had on my Dmax. The D***e won't run as fast yet but I have got a turbo and injectors on order :eek:

a64pilot
05-21-2003, 10:48
60,000+ on an 01, had the drivers seat bottom replaced at about 35,000. (leather) No other real problems.

kraemerf
05-22-2003, 08:10
13,000+ trouble-free (knock on wood) miles with my '03....my first diesel. Needless to say, I'm very happy with it. I've talked 3 other friends into buying the DuraMax.

Reno DMAX
05-22-2003, 12:00
22,000 miles with only squeaking coming from underneath the truck. I tried spraying silicone on everything that could possible move but it's still there. Squeaks only when I go over any type of uneven road.

Any suggestions are w

Paintdude
05-22-2003, 18:01
Spray silicon between the leaf springs and see if that locates-eliminates the noise. They make a rubber cap for the leaf springs for that..

jannal
05-22-2003, 19:05
I have 36k and only one problem. I had to have both fog lamp housings replaced as a result of bad seals. The moisture in the housing blew out the bulbs.

2002 GMC 3500 HD SLT extended cab 4x4
DMAX/ALLISON - BD Exhaust Brake

DogDays
05-23-2003, 10:04
Just 34,000 on the 02 2500HD and only problem is having a yoke put on the 2 piece drive shaft and replacing the rubber strip on rear bumper. This is my first Chevy since 1975 and I cannot believe how much they have improved.
Just got new fiver last week and can,t wait to see how it hauls tongue.gif

ratlover
05-23-2003, 10:14
250 miles and no problems at all.*knock on wood* Do I count? tongue.gif

teporter
05-23-2003, 10:45
Real problems! At 70K had injector replaced, at 86K had injector pump replaced, 90K had another injector replaced, 91K had MAP sensor replaced, (this not warranty cost me $315) I have always used fuel additive in this truck since new. Rotella fuel additive. I pull heavy loads alot with this truck & really like it, but now wishing it had a cummins engine in it. Then it would be the best work truck ever built. I hope I'm wrong, but I believe this engine will not be nearly as reliable as the cummins.

More Power
05-23-2003, 14:51
31,000 miles - without the slightest hint of a problem. Fuel economy at 19-20 mpg empty, 11-13 towing. 10,000 towing miles.

Those with problems should also list what sort of performance upgrades they use(d).

MP

Spoolin'It
05-23-2003, 15:21
26,000. The last time it saw the dealer was the day I bought it. :cool:

MICKD
05-23-2003, 19:40
3,900 mi. no problems so far. Towed my camper to Dover race track, 70 mph most of the way down. I had to slow down for my buddy with a D***e diesel that was following me. I actually forgot the camper was back there. Much better fuel mileage, riding comfort then the Suburban gasser I went down in last year. I still have near a 1/2 tank of fuel left, about 275 mi. :cool: