PDA

View Full Version : Banks Stinger TLC

rdd
12-19-2003, 08:15
I'm considering picking up this system when my '04 comes in sometime in February and would like to know if anyone has any experiance with it. I like the package because it seem pretty complete with the exhaust, gauges, air cleaner and boost system.

Thanks

ryeguy
12-19-2003, 08:43
I've got it on mine, and it's a great kit. I've towed pretty heavy with it, and it seems have struck a great balance between maintaining the truck's reliability and giving you more power.

--Rob

DIESELMAX403
12-19-2003, 11:13
nov99,

My 2003 has 11K miles on it and I am considering the TLC Stinger kit also. I have done alot of research regarding all the ways to boost power and I am convinced this is the most reliable way to gain the horespower and torque I want. Just as an FYI, they have just upgraded their kit for 2004. The peak rear wheel horsepower (322 hp)has not changed, but the peak rear wheel torque was boosted from 601 lb-ft to 641 lb-ft at 1800 rpm. When I get the kit and install it, I will let you know what I think.

rdd
12-20-2003, 09:39
Thanks for the replies. Balancing between additional power and reliability is another reason I'm considering this. Question Ryeguy, how many miles did you have on your truck before installing the kit?

DieselMax403, You mentioned having 11K on your truck, are you waiting to install the kit as part of the break in?
Looking forward to hearing how the new kit works on your truck.

Thanks

ryeguy
12-20-2003, 17:30
My Durabanks did rear-wheel hp on a dyno, and did do the reported/expected rear-wheel torque (right at 600). It isn't the upgraded Stinger, either. The base-line (stock Duramax that ran before me) did the same as Banks reported...

--Rob