PDA

View Full Version : How much does a good tranny help?

Burner
08-17-2003, 17:38
;) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07/21/03-01 (DHRA) - Suncoast Transmissions equipped trucks hold titles.
There is always something to be said about a companies service, product, prices, but nothing screams louder than success! Both TS Performance (Street Diesel ET & MPH record holder) and Garmon Diesel Performance (Modified Diesel ET & MPH record holder) chose Suncoast transmissions to put the power on the track.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07/21/03-00 (DHRA) - Street Diesel ET and MPH records set!
US 131 Raceway July 19th, Dennis Perry of TS Performance sets the Street Diesel ET record at 12.186 and the MPH at 110.56. Congratulations to Dennis Perry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPONSORS
&
ADVERTISERS

Diesel Innovations

Piers Diesel Research

Advanced Diesel Technology

Full-Throttle Diesel Performance

Diesel.TV

Diesel Sport Promotions

BD-Power

Texas Diesel Works

TS Performance

Laredo Performance Diesel

Enterprise Engine Performance

Baloun & Company

CVM Dodge

Diesel Performance Products

The Diesel Hot Rod Association

;)

mtomac
08-18-2003, 09:20
Among others the Banks Sidewinder 12 sec Dakota, the Cummins Diesel 9 sec Dragster, ATS's 12 sec Duramax, and my 13 sec Duramax all use ATS transmissions.

I'm pretty sure I have the 4th fastest Duramax out there behind ATS, TTS/PPE (steve cole), and BD who are all performance engine and transmission dealers & tuners.

mtomac
08-18-2003, 10:32
I ran the 125hp Hot Juice on Friday at US131 MSP test-n-tune. With the stock tranny and the 125 Hot Juice I was running 14.3's @ 91-92mph. With the ATS tranny I was beating up on every mustang in sight (except the one that popped a wheelie taking off) running 13.5-13.6's @ 98-99 mph. I would say the tranny helped a little bit.

Burner
08-18-2003, 15:56
Mike, I think it's great that we have so many great tranny builders. I don't think that there is a bad one in the bunch. I am still amazed that a 7,000 lb truck, 4x4 at that, can kick it down the track that fast! I'm sure glad I don't own a Frod...er...Ford. :rolleyes: With all the slip we have stock, have you noticed "better" fuel economy?

Burner------> :D

mtomac
08-18-2003, 22:51
It's hard drive sensible enough for a fuel economy run with so much power under your right foot. Not to mention there's been dragracing or pulling on each tank since the tranny install. Plus I've been carrying 1000# in the bed between pulls too.

Burner
08-18-2003, 22:58
You mean that before the

Burner
08-18-2003, 23:02
What about when you drag your trailer around, any difference there? :confused:

Greg McCall
08-22-2003, 06:27
Michael Tomac,
Are you saying you gained .7 +- and 7+ mph in a 1/4 mile run with the tranny upgrade only (which I know is expensive) ?