PDA

View Full Version : ATTITUDE has NO STOCK setting.

Spartus
12-09-2003, 22:26
Well, I traded up from my 90hp Juice to an Attitude.. Once I hooked it up I started off in mode 0. I noticed that the truck still felt like I was running in power mode 1 on my 90hp juice..... I contaced Edge products while driving down the road, and they told me that mode 0 still advances the timing, and the power improvement is more like 10hp... Well to me it feels like 40hp.

So if I want STOCK, then I need to totally remove the unit. Sounds to me like a bit of false advertising and misrepresentation of the product.

I'm also a bit dissapointed that the SPEED CALIBRATION does not recalibrate the speedometer.

Since they are able to intercept all the other DataBus information and modify it, why couldn't they intercept and modify the Speedometer signal? It seems plain and simple to me. Their comment to me was "Since you are able to see it on the digital readout, why would you want the proper display on the factory speedo?". MAYBE SO THAT I DON'T HAVE TWO SPEEDS IN MY FACE!!?????

Hey, other than that I'm happy with my $300 investment. ;)

Kennedy
12-10-2003, 06:32
The Attitude works essentially the same way the std Juice did. In "0" mode the timing is still in effect.

I for one, have made it a point to note that the tire correction is ONLY for the Attitude display.

I fail to see the misrepresentation. Truth of the matter is, when you do the upgrade, you get the 125 Hot program PLUS the monitor all for the price of about what the Hot programming update is...

sdaver
12-11-2003, 19:05
bitch about 10 more rwhp :confused: ..........give us a break.....the timing on 0 alone will help your milage

BlueOx03
12-11-2003, 23:20
Dang Dave, you beat me to the punch on this one...sounds like the same thing as complaining about getting a couple extra gallons of fuel for free at the gas station...premiem at that...

Spartus
12-11-2003, 23:31
Go take your break somewhere else Daver.....

They claim a STOCK setting... As touchy as some of our trucks are to the pedal, it's nice to be able to go back to stock during certain driving conditions. Especially on snow and ice.... As I stated above, my stock setting feels like setting 1, 40hp... If they wanted a setting to just increase timing for MPG, then it should have been setting 1.

oh well, I suppose I'll just deal with it.
But I'm not going to give you a break ;)

Idle_Chatter
12-12-2003, 05:01
Spartus, as far as missing the "Stock" setting, especially for snow and ice I'm exactly opposite in my opinion. When I was waffling about whether to buy a Juice my main concern was that my SB had a bad tendency to break the rear loose when cornering in wet or icy conditions. I thought that if I couldn't keep the rear wheels under it in stock condition, how bad was it going to be with a Juice? Well, long story short, the stock tune represses low throttle position so much for emissions that it CAUSES a surge and traction break! You step on the throttle too much and when it decides that there's enough boost it dumps fuel and bingo! you're sideways. The Juice is so much more tractable at low throttle that I feel more comfortable on ice in Level 4 than I EVER did stock. Just MHO, your results may vary.

sdaver
12-12-2003, 06:00
adjust to the less responsive low smoke setting on 0 tune..........you will find theres no smoother box than the juice........and several that the throttle is alot more quirky on, tst and predator to name a few.........drive it on the higher levels for a while then switch to the 0 tune it will feel stock..........so now you have 255 to 260 at the rearwheels......just like the new lly option......... :rolleyes:

TST Tech
12-12-2003, 07:58
The TST Powermax has no timing advance with the remote on 0. You are truely back to stock. Although if you leave the boost control in, you see a little bit more boost. That may a add a little power, but probably not enough to feel seat of the pants. Have a great day , Greg

Hammer Down
12-12-2003, 15:04
One nice thing about the attitude not recalibrating your speedo is that it keeps the miles down on the truck. With 285's I figured the speedo to be off about 6 to 10%. If you drive a 100,000 miles its more like 110,000. Makes warranty last longer.

Spartus
12-15-2003, 23:06
All good points...

Well, I drove in some snow recently and had the attitude set at 0, and the smoke setting at 1. It seemed to do pretty good.

This tank I'm leaving the unit at the same settings and will be trying to see what type of mpg improvements I will get with this unit.

-Tom

MAD-MAX
12-17-2003, 06:36
Its very simple to fix the snow related problems !!!come down here to ALABAMA for the winter. :D :D :D :D :cool: