PDA

View Full Version : FUEL FILTERS--HOW MUCH ARE YOU PAYIING???

car of the week
10-28-2002, 12:35
IT IS TIME TO DO THE FIRST FUEL FILTER CHANGE. WHAT IS EVERYONE PAYING FOR THERE FILTERS AND WHERE ARE YOU BUYING THEM? ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THANKS, RYAN

imported_
10-28-2002, 16:14
I have been getting mine from diesel injection in my town. I am paying around 21.00 each with tax. If you order a case you can get them for under $15.00 each. If you have a buddy have him go in with you & buy a case. The url for diesel injection is www.dieselinjection.com.
The dealer charges $100.00 for the same filter.

bigbobed
10-28-2002, 16:28
UPS just delivered two from DIS in Lubbock, TX.

Qty Name SKU Price Sub Total
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Racor Fuel Filter Duramax 6.6L RACINF4598 $17.13 $34.26
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub Total $34.26
Tax Total $2.70
Shipping: UPS Ground $5.95
Grand Total $42.91

mackin
10-28-2002, 17:13
Car of the week

DIS=>http://www.dieselpage.com/main.shtml

What I do is team up with a buddy and split a case........I'm extra lucky cause I'm surrounded by Dmax owners ...... And I do it with my buddy who isn't even a member here....... :rolleyes: That's the pi$$er.....

But I've been know to hook a local diesel buddy up from here...... :eek:

MAC :D

LanduytG
10-28-2002, 17:44
Car of the week

We have them here for $17.25 each and also Allison OEM trans filters for $12 each. If you buy 6 filters, all of one or mix and match we pay the shipping.
Greg

Corey S
10-29-2002, 14:35
How often are you guys changing your fuel filters? Mine's at almost 30,000 miles, and I haven't changed it yet. I have noticed in the last week or two that it's running a little rough compared to normal, tho.

I think I'll give Greg a call and order a couple filters anyway....

srubrn
10-29-2002, 14:48
Your manual says change your filter every 15K. Some folks in here suggest that you better change more often than that, maybe 5K to 7.5K. You should read the thread called Fuel Filter Test Results. What you will read might alarm you. Hopefully your injectors aren't damaged already.

hdmax(mike)
10-29-2002, 16:30
I bought 6 fuel filters from Greg. a few weeks back. (with free shipping)I could have found them cheaper, But it saved the grunt work by getting them from him. Plus now I know I have a few on hand. And don`t need to go through the hassle of picking one up every 6 months or so.

mackin
10-29-2002, 16:59
Corey S

Where ever your buying your fuel keep buying it......I would change it if I were you, in your drive way opposed to on the road...It's over do .....

MAC

MudNurI
10-29-2002, 18:56
Corey-

I'd bring it to the dealers- and have them reset your codes....more than likely your dirty filter has caused Ali to head into limp mode, which is why you notice it's running rough...it will only get worse until it is in total limp, which s*cks!

We had 22K on ours when it went out, and put us in limp...dealer charged $45.00 for the filter, and cleared the codes.

It ran rough, shifted harsh for about 7-8 days before the actual LIMP came...and another 3-4 days of that before the SES came and stayed on.

Brandy