PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Chevy billet front end ??

stutzismydog
10-27-2002, 23:58
Gentleman~
I am new on this forum because I have just purchased my first diesel and you all have asked and answered several of my questions. Thank you.

I have the new 2003 Chevy, D/A, 2500 ,SB, Crew Cab in white with all of the bells and whistles and am also getting

Steve Cornell
10-28-2002, 06:27
stutzismydog,

Welcome to the forum!!!

I plan to do the same thing, while I like the looks of the new front (better on dark colors) the billit grill looks even better.

The best looking one I have found so far is from Carriage Works, it is a bolt over type that requires no drilling or cutting smile.gif

here is the web addy fo them http://www.carriageworksinc.com
there is a picture of one on the web site on a new 2003 but I could not get the page to come up this morning :(
look under "Bolt Overs" later and maybe they will have the link fixed, I'm planning on ordering one this week, I'll let ya know where I get the best deal.

stutzismydog
10-28-2002, 08:48
Thanks Steve !!

hoot
10-28-2002, 09:11
Steve Cornell,

Is your signature correct ;)

Steve Cornell
10-28-2002, 09:59
Hoot,

Until tomorrow it is :D

Hopefully I'll pick up the D\A tomorrow smile.gif

01F350SRW
10-28-2002, 14:15
OR

Hehe
You can do what I did!!!! ;)

HDLD
10-28-2002, 15:25
I'd also appreciate hearing how it works out and where you purchased from...the picture came up for me and it looks good, esp. if you have chrome on your bumper.

D-n-Tyke
10-29-2002, 14:16
01F350SRW- And what did that cost you?
And what are 3" torsion keys?

[ 10-29-2002: Message edited by: D-n-Tyke ]</p>

01F350SRW
10-29-2002, 19:16
The torsion bar key can be found at Truckinsuspension.com, called K15 Torsion-Bar adjusters, I intially had turned the bars to try and level the truck out, it worked but roughened the ride. Then a friend at the local 4x4 shop told me a solution, the adjusters which he calls "keys" that raised the front end of the C/k trucks 2-2.5 inches w/o sac. the ride. At 50 bucks i said okie dokie cause it would shut the wife up. Anyways the keys are made for the c/k trucks but work w/ the HD's, I don't know if any mods needed to be made to them b/c I dropped the truck off on lunch break and picked it up that afternoon in the parking lot. Everything seems to be fine, and the front end seems to be just as sturdy. Anyways the front end replacement cost me $2500 bucks. I know alot of ppl aren't willing to spend that but I did, I couldn't stand the 03 front end and frankly neither can the public. I love the 02 and my dealer which has been a long time friend (same person owns the Ford stealership). That included: Fenders, Hood, grill, lights, fan cowl, and bumper, everything was a direct bolt on, I did it myself one Sunday, I had everything painted prior at the body shop. Looks totally stock. I like it. It just a matter of opinion I guess, but Im happy when I pull up next to a Alvarado and at least look like a CHEVROLET truck, not something funky from Japan or somein.

The adjusters raised the front end a full 3" measuring from the bottom of the air dam sitting on perfectly level concrete. The reason for the adjusters I added is cause I replaced the 2500HD 2 stagers, w/ 3500 3 stagers. The ride is exactly the same unloaded and much more secure w/ trailer. Oh yea, last week I was directed by the NC DMV to be weighed with the dozer on the gooseneck, tools and all, to turn into the weigh station. Total weight=25,750lbs :eek: :eek: oops :mad: You can guess what happened next....

Anyways, w/ the 3500 springs the truck had a dramatic rake effect, something Im no fan off, the adjusters fixed that and measuring from the middle of the drivers side doors the truck is 4" inches higher :eek: Its now sits face to face w/ my F350 and retains the factory ride quality.

Next thing on the list for me 4.10 gears, Im not the big fan of mods, I'll drive this thing til it dies on its own, I want it to live as long as possible, I will add an exhaust to lower egts. My load will continue to be this heavy.

[ 10-30-2002: Message edited by: 01F350SRW ]</p>

Reno DMAX
10-30-2002, 14:32
Re: The CarriageWorks billet grill