PDA

View Full Version : Aeroturbine Coolflow

Catalina455
10-27-2002, 11:38
The following exhaust component came up on E-bay for auction. The company claims reduced EGT's and more power. Has anyone heard of this product or have experience with it on another brand of diesel? The manufacturer claims that the product is coming to market and you can get one early by bidding on E-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1871058459

NickLeinonen
10-27-2002, 16:37
cough bullshat cough...

this same topic came up over at the tdr. it is bullplop just like those tornado air intake thingambobs. spend a little more $$$ and get a full exhaust that reduces backpressure and not on something that is put into an exhaust system to potentially increase backpressure..

just my 0.02

Burner
10-28-2002, 01:53
I remember when I had a WR400-F dirtbike. They had one of those for it, they called it a power bomb. The product was "suppose" to let the motor rev quicker and have more power. There were many people that said it worked... - If you are willing to cut into an expensive exhust to use it, then you should be willing to get the real thing. I guess the best thing to do is give John kennedy a call.

Burner ;)

Colorado Kid
10-29-2002, 12:05
If you zoom to 200% on the brochure you can see that they claim a grand total of 3 HP and less than 5 Lb Ft increase. Shutting off the A/C would have a much more dramatic effect, and costs nothing.

They also refference important sounding non-existant branches of Science...there is no "Thermal Dynamics"...the subject is Themodynamics.

The fuel economy benefit claimed is very impressive, but I think if there was a way to spend about $150 and improve fuel efficiency by 25% it would have come to the attention of Cummins, CAT or some diesel engine manufacturer by now.

"It utilizes induction axial vortex with a counter rotating expansion radial vortex, which produces a lower density outer air steam that flows around a higher density inner air stream."

In Open Channel Hydralics (That's "ditches", to most folks) we call "counter rotating expansion radial vortex(es)" eddy flows, and they're very hard on efficiency. I will agree that if you measure the EGT upstream and downstream of this device you will find the temp lower on the downstream side, because that's true of any RESTRICTION in the exhaust system. (Try pre and post muffler for a dramatic example...you can tell the difference with your hand...be careful.)

It doesn't have the smooth tapers of tuned exhaust extractor...and even if it did the tuning effects would have a hard time making it through the turbine impeller.

If you still want to try it be my guest.