PDA

View Full Version : 03 speed limiter

Dmax son
10-26-2002, 18:50
I was at the dealer the other day and noticed that the 03 speedos go to 120. Is the speed limiter set higher or the same as the 02??

Bryan

csimo
10-26-2002, 19:03
It's the policy of GM to speed limit all their cars at or below the rating of the tires installed from the factory. The '03's are the same 97 or 98MPH as before.

Kennedy
10-27-2002, 08:47
FYI, for those who want to increase this limit: The current reflased computers/loaders CAN and WILL do this, BUT keep this in mind: They will NOT be done for simple speedo recalibration at a discounted price. Basically, the programming is built as a VIN specific program, and takes similar amount of time/hardware to do either a full on program. This is what I have ben told by TTS who, at this time is the ONLY programmer releasing Dmax reflash/loaders.

In other words, if you have to have the limiter increased, plan on a full on performance program in the 30, 80, or 120HP race level, OR the switchable unit that does all 3.

car of the week
10-27-2002, 13:14
KENNEDY--

your sig is saying 430rwhp, what exactly do you have done? How is the tranny holding up and/or what is done to it to hold the power. it is time to get serious, i have all the "little" stuff but now my tranny is the weak link. with the hot juice, the truck defuels badly and i don't think i have ever been able to feel the real power of the juice; the computer defuels all the time in level 4. any advise would be appreciated.

Ryan

Toddster
10-27-2002, 13:24
I agree Ryan, this defueling thing SUCKS ! Is there a reason we can't have Aaron or John reflash the box not to defuel for those of us who want them that way ? I believe it is our $850 right !

FirstDiesel
10-27-2002, 13:51
Todd

Would your $850 right include being willing to sign away your rights to complain and sue if you you do damage to the tranny or engine??

A company producing a product like the Juice has to worry about people trying to sue them over damage that occurs from use of the product. I'm sure the defueling is their way of protecting your equipment and covering themselves against lawsuits.

car of the week
10-27-2002, 13:59
i will sign anything to get rid of the defueling, the tranny mods are a must. when you get into "high-performance" you are going to put things jepordy, that is just a risk you take to have power.

Ryan

mackin
10-27-2002, 14:03
Not only the lawsuit...Just imagine the negative publicity they would get......If something were to go wrong.....Covering both avenues with the signed liability statement.....

MAC ;)

mdrag
10-27-2002, 14:31
Doesn't the Juice limit the power WHEN it senses that the Allison is slipping? If there was NO slipping - then no decreased power? Do I understand this correctly or do I have this sdrawkcabssa :confused:

If you were to enhance the Allison, would this not take care of the defueling issues? I don't know the answer - I'm asking those who know.

car of the week
10-27-2002, 15:27
mdrag--
that sounds logical to me, we will have to find out. now i need the $1525 for the converter and the 875 for the controller from ATS. my question is what did Kennedy do to make 420rwhp?????

Ryan

mackin
10-27-2002, 16:05
Car of the week

Mr. JK is a secretive man...... ;)
He is running some stacked mods and has done some secretive tweaking and he aint talking but he's watching.....
source=>http://www.thedieselpage.com/features/pulloff3.htm

One thing I'm not positive 100% is he's running the triple lock and some other pressure mode not sure if it's the full valve body or he just upped the line pressure.....

I all ready bugged him and he's tough nut to crack..... :eek:

Not that I'd be able to do even if he told me...... :rolleyes:

MAC

car of the week
10-27-2002, 17:20
THANKS MAC, I LIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE TELL IT TO YA STRAIGHT

RYAN

Kennedy
10-27-2002, 17:22
Mackin,

Did I miss something? I don't believe I've ever had the privilege of speaking with you on the phone???

I COULD post my recipe for success for all to see, but what good would that do???

As soon as ATS has the mods ready, they will be on my site. The converter/valve ARE ready now as stage I, but the stage II is going to be a while.

I learned quite a bit Saturday on the dyno. I learned that stacking sometimes is NOT what it is all cracked up to be! I had a combo that had most every mod available, and it was still 12HP less than the "hot ticket" that hit 432HP...

Toddster
10-27-2002, 17:53
Yo FD, the answer to your question would be YES ! Secondly, defueling or not defueling has nothing to do with the potential of causing engine damage. I appreciate Edge products protecting our tranny but if you READ my post before you created a band wagon for you and Mackin to jump on I said something like "for those of us who want them that way" So leave yours alone. Yeh, and for this lawsuit crap, maybe we should all sue Edge for giving us 125 extra HP cuz you know it's gonna shorten the life of our Dmax, give me a break, I think we are all adults here. I accept the risk of the mods I chose to do. I've smoked many trannys and many motors due to massive HP or just plain driver abuse and it's no ones fault but my own. So, when I smoke my Alley because I had the defueling eliminated I'll post what a MORON I am all over this site ! K ? Subject closed.

car of the week
10-27-2002, 17:57
KENNEDY--

I HAVE NO SOUR FEELINGS TOWARD YOU...I KNOW HOW IT IS WHEN SOMETHING IS IN DEVELOPMENT AND IF YOU RELEASE ANY INFO IT COULD ALWAYS CHANGE AND THEN YOU ARE NAILED FOR HAVING GIVEN OUT MIS-INFO. I AM JUST CURIOUS BECAUSE I AM AT THE WALL WITH WHAT I CAN DO NOW BECAUSE OF THE TRANNY. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING WHERE I AM COMING FROM. GOOD LUCK AND LET US KNOW WHAT WILL WORK WHEN YOU FIND OUT...

RYAN

FirstDiesel
10-27-2002, 18:30
Toddster

Chill out man.

I was trying to make a point that companies have to cover there a## today. YOU might not sue but there is some bozo out there that will say they were sold a box that makes 300 extra hp and now their tranny is blown and it's the box makers fault. Look at the smoking lawsuits!!

It's great that you want to take the risk and will take the end result but Edge might not be willing to and they never sold you the box promising it didn't defuel, right?? You bought it as is. If you want one that doesn't defuel why not ask about a special model??

Toddster
10-27-2002, 18:40
K, Lar I'm kool now, Tony Stewart finished 4th and extended his points lead ! Yep that is what I want, my very own "Special" programed box to let some parts fly ! I got wood over that 525hp post !

mackin
10-28-2002, 05:23
Toddster

What's up man band wagon???....HUH !!!!!!! Easy there buddy..... ;)

We all quest more power and it's easy to get .....You really want more step away from electronics......Gets some propane .....

I was trying to say the reason for liability is there are many a consumer that don't know what there getting into you aren't one.....As I ......If I leave a scattered trail of misc. parts origin unknown along with puddles of synthetic.....I'm not calling my lawyer in the mourning or the performance box guy and pointing fingers......Have any idea how many would in today's sue,sue,sue society?????Plenty.....With the argument YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THAT WOULD HAPPEN......I didn't know.....

I think EDGE is trying to deliver a responsible way to deliver useable power with minimal collateral damage and retain there excellant reputation to deliver quality performance.....They bent the rules with 125 box under pressure from us maniacs .....Well that and the competition.....So remember I'm on your side.....

Call QUADZILLA he got what you want.....No holds bard.....Me I'm waiting for the PREDATOR most likely...Seems reasonable priced to stack for $500 bucks......

That and I told my wife I want a triple lock for Xmas..... :eek:
She's not listening......

Just remember everything is with good intentions.....Until they bring in a GREMLIN waving one finger then you'll know the opposite is true......

MAC :D :D

Is we cool ????? Other wise no HOOTERS chicken for you....... tongue.gif

[ 10-28-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Toddster
10-28-2002, 16:43
Dude, we are always kool ! Just tryin' to get your attention. Jeez, couldn't just blast poor FD and leave you out ! I will forward you an e-mail I recieved today, you may find it interesting.....Luv ya man ! lol