PDA

View Full Version : Glad I got a GM

ryeguy
12-04-2003, 13:26
Quote snippets (w/o permission) from the Jan '04 Peterson's 4x4 magazine:

"According to a recent story in Automotive News, Ford has faced some serious problems with its 6.0L PowerStroke diesel V-8, problems so severe that the company launched a recall of more than 66,000 trucks and has had to buy some 500 trucks back from disgruntled owners...The trouble seemed to arise from some faulty fuel injectors installed in the engines durin the first 5 months of production...Ford also found problems with the engine's turbocharger and its computer management software..."

--Rob
:D

OC_DMAX
12-04-2003, 17:20
This has to be a real embarrassment for Ford. The company was in trouble financially when the new 6.0L Diesel was released. They were expecting a boost to their earnings. Instead, just the opposite occurred. Plus they undoubtedly have a lot of unhappy customers.

The people I feel sorry for are the Ford customers who bought the early trucks. I know one individual who went through a lot of stress dealing with the injector issues. He eventually had the truck bought back under the Lemon Law. He ended up with a gas powered F250 SD instead.

ryeguy
12-04-2003, 17:58
Interesting, though, Ford reports that July was a record sales month...also (again) heard rumors that Ford isn't happy with this (duh) and is in talks with Cummins (again).

--Rob (we'll see)