PDA

View Full Version : 1/4 and 1/8 mile times

king D
02-01-2003, 15:58
i was just wondering if any of you have any time slips on your diesel trucks and what chips gave you what .thanks for the info

wild bore
02-01-2003, 16:14
What`s a Quadzilla chip? Got a link for that?

wild bore
02-01-2003, 19:23
http://www.uglytrucksplus.com/

I didn`t see a 180 hp chip.

king D
02-01-2003, 19:47
Quadzilla power.com however chips that big are not advertised on the web page.the sizes vary from 70 hp to upwards of 22ohp.various degrees of defueling are avilable to help keep the tranny from slipping.QUAD at Quadzilla is the person you need to talk to about the high hp boxes.my chip is 90hp on the low side and 180hp on the high side.

mtomac
02-01-2003, 20:29
:D

CPMac632
02-01-2003, 23:57
King D have you ever dyno'd to see exactly what hp you get with the 180 box only and how does the tranny hold with it and the other stuff.

Swayse
02-02-2003, 07:02
14.43 @ 94.91 in 2wd, with a 2.29 60'.

king D
02-02-2003, 08:06
CPMac632 i choose to go with about 7 percent defuel so my first run with a gtech put me in the 13s in the 1/4.after that first run the trannys ability to hold has somewhat wnt down hill.the tranny will hold for the first two shifts then the torque convertor will not catch until you raise off the throttle to let the tranny catch thus the truck will bounce off the rev limiter between shifts until youlift.the 90hp side gives a solid 90hp based off of 1/4 mile hp calculations.i ordered mine so hot because i plan to upgrade the tranny as soon as a fix is released hopefully in a few weeks.Quad told me my tranny would react this way and reccomended i go with more defuel until i got the tranny fix but i didnt.as well as the tranny holding the other goods i have only shot nos one time when the tranny was in limp mode the bind of taking off in 4th gear put out lots of black smoke so i sprayed it a few times until the tranny reset itself.these chips are hot in limp mode after building boost this chip will smoke the tires off the rim taking off in 4th gear.when i get the tranny fixed i will report numbers on the 180 side.also last night l looked and these chips are on the Quadzilla website now

sdaver
02-02-2003, 12:00
now im really confused.........suspect a little trolling..........king d your last post didnt make much sense to me........"i have only shot nos one time when the tranny was in limp mode the bind of taking off in 4th gear put out lots of black smoke so i sprayed it a few times until the tranny reset itself.these chips are hot in limp mode after building boost this chip will smoke the tires off the rim taking off in 4th gear" :confused: ...... Sounds like we have our first canidate for total allison destruction. :D dave

NWDmax
02-02-2003, 12:18
Would someone put that in english so simple ole me can understand?

Kennedy
02-02-2003, 12:39
What they are talking about is MENTAL programs for the VA Smart Box II. As King D stated, Quad will NOT recomend running these mega programs, and stick with the 110HP area.

FYI, I quick blast on the go pedal from 0-60 on CPmac's demo unit (said to NOT be 100%) yielded 1781

drgracr
02-02-2003, 12:55
king D

I can't find the slips of hand but the truck did run 17.18@78 and change in mph. shaking the tires out of the hole. Truck is stock.

suprised me :D

NWDmax
02-02-2003, 13:40
JK,thats a scary temp.Count me out

king D
02-02-2003, 16:25
i am not sure what trolling means but i hope this isnt a bad thing.if there is something i said that is misunderstood please let me know so i can try to clarify.also CPMac i tried a few runs to try to get hp numbers using a gtech.i got 414 on the 180side,when i ran the stock truck it put out 228.the reason i shot the dmax with nos was b/c when the truck is in limp mode and i take off with the chip on the 180hp side it will produce a lot of black smoke, black smoke is excessive fuel not being burned so since i have installed a nos system i shot a few rounds through it for giggles to clean up the smoke and see what would happen.i was also trying to point out the power of the chip because i can take off in 4th gear build a little boost and when i take off i can smoke the tires.i have put the tranny in limp mode twice so i dont even try to run it on the high side holding off for a tranny fix.now these numbers are from a gtech and not a dyno but i followed the directions for programming it so the results should be good.i hope this clears things up and will someone let me know what trolling means.thanks jess

Geerrhead
02-02-2003, 18:32
Hello Jess,

It's nice to see somebody playing with the quadzilla. Could you clarify something for me? Is it possible that you are leaving in 4WD instead of 4th gear? It sounds like you have an Allison automatic and not a ZF manual in your truck. Has anybody got there hands on the new valvebodys? Did any get released in Janaury? tongue.gif

GM Smitty
02-02-2003, 18:59
I am also confused about the "taking off in 4th gear" :confused: Sounds like you have an Allison (limp talk), but I can't start out in 4th gear with my tranny..some sort of secret?
Josh

sdaver
02-02-2003, 20:06
sometimes people post information thats dramatic or misleading just to stir up conversation........hence "trolling" trying to see who will get caught up in the mix. When I saw your post I must admit some of it was and is still unclear to me......."taking off in 4th gear put out lots of black smoke so i sprayed it a few times until the tranny reset itself.these chips are hot in limp mode after building boost this chip will smoke the tires off the rim taking off in 4th gear." I assume you have an automatic but i dont understand "taking off in fourth gear" :confused: Im very interested in the product you have and would like to know what egts your are running and more about the torque convertor slipping........my email is in my sig drop me a email with a daytime number Ill call you :D dave

[ 02-02-2003: Message edited by: sdaver ]</p>

Flyboy
02-02-2003, 20:06
I thought it went to third gear in limp mode, not fourth.

king D
02-02-2003, 20:30
ok thanks for clearing up the trolling thing ,i am not repeat not trying to do that.yes i do have an automatic allison and im talking about taking off in 4th (i believe the limp mode gear)when the truck hit limp mode.the two times i have hit limp mode the first time i had reverse and 1 forrward gear i believe to be 4th but could be 3rd.when taking off in limp mode because of the higher gear, black smoke is let off so i shot some nos on it to see what would happen,kind of half testing to see if once i get the tranny fixed if this 180 chip will give me enough excess fuel to run nos.i was not trying to imply that hitting the nos helped get the truck out of limp mode.also i was saying for all of you that have hit limp and had to take off in that gear you know how dead the truck feels well with this chip it will smoke the tires when you take off in limp mode .definately not reccommended probally but hey i like to see what happens.anyone that would like to call, feel free my day time number is 252 394 5180 call between 8:30 am and 5:00pm eastern time. thanks jess

TN farmer
02-02-2003, 21:06
King D,

I am glad to see you are not scared to experiment with your truck, it is the only way to learn. Keep us posted on when you find a fix for the Allison. Thanks

PEANUTGRWR
02-02-2003, 21:59
HEY SWAYSE, I HEAR I MISSED OUT ON A GOOD TIME AT THE TRACK THIS WEEKEND. MAYBE NEXT TIME I CAN MAKE IT. ----SHOOT ME AN EMAIL PEANUTGRWR@AOL.COM

sdaver
02-02-2003, 22:24
Thanks...now I understand...........I will be in touch.........dave

Swayse
02-04-2003, 08:23
Yep, good times. Your dad got a better 60' with my truck than I did. My best was 2.28 and your dad got a 2.21 with your Juice box and my truck.

Thinking of going strait pipe now, lot less noise in the cab than my 4" exhaust.

technician
02-04-2003, 10:27
PEANUTGRWR,

Tried to view your pic's......

Account status afu :confused:

Update it & let us see the rig !!