PDA

View Full Version : Exaust Routing?

Holeshot
02-01-2003, 01:46
Hi all

I have a few questions about routing a banks (possibly a kennedy) exaust on my cc dually.
My truck is soon to be severly lowered, and i was wondering if i could route the exaust out the side in front of the dually tires?
Will the exaust be louder (possibly resonate)?
Will I harm my tires with excess soot or heat?
And last but not least an exaust shops willing to tackle a job like this?

Any info would be appreciated
Thanks
Tony

Kennedy
02-01-2003, 07:17
IMHO it will not look right. The frame is already VERY low! There is also little/no room for a muffler up front, AND the shorter the system the louder it gets, not to mention the exit would be that much closer to the cab. Also, the cab has air vents at the rear, and I'd try to stay as far away as possible.

How low are you going? As long as you don't do a frame notch you should be fine with a full system...

Holeshot
02-02-2003, 03:19
Thanks you mr kennedy.
I am doing a 9inch in the front 14inch in rhe read full air ride drop. Yes the frame rail will be notched, quite considerably. Ive only seen the pieces, as i have not yet installed the new suspension. I notice your pretty close to me, would you possibily be intrested in takeing on this challenge? I love my truck to death and I see the quality in your parts, im sold.
Now if I could only cover up that ugly framerail.

Thanks again any and all advice is apreciated
Tony

Holeshot
02-02-2003, 03:21
sorry meant (thank)

MadDuraMax
02-02-2003, 07:56
Tony,

With that kind of lowering, I'm assuming you'll be changing wheels. Take a look at some of the late model F*rd Explorers with the exaust exiting in front of the rear wheel. Most I've seen here in Michigan are extensively corroding the aluminum wheels.

While I'm not sure if our diesel exhaust would do the same thing, I'm not sure I'd risked it if your going to make the kind of investment you are looking at.

Mark

[ 02-02-2003: Message edited by: MadDuraMax ]</p>

Kennedy
02-02-2003, 10:06
I guess you would need to determine how close the rear axle gets to the bed floor. I have the tail pipe tucked WAY up there, and could likely go a bit further, say within 1/2" of the floor...

I don't mandrel bend in house, but could look at the project. I am assuming you will be able to air it up so I can get my hoist arms underneath? 4-5" from ground should do it, BUT then we'll need to space up to the frame once underneath...

Holeshot
02-03-2003, 02:16
Thanks madduramax (mark).
Yes I am gonna be running some big wheels I just havent decided which ones yet. Heres a web site ive been checking out, Im gonna call them this week and find out the price. Also im gonna talk to them about possibly a 1 off set of 20s.
www.billettechnologies.com tell me what you think. And hopefully JK and I can figure out how to get the exaust behind the rear wheels.

And thank you JK
Yes I will be able to air the truck up for you, there should be at least 5 to 7 inches of lift. Now I have another question for you, If the exaust is only 1/2 away from the bed will I have any tempature issues? For example I plan on having the bed rhino lined will the exaust heat up the bed enough to melt or bubble the liner?
Will the tail pipe be to close to the bed, possibly paint issues?
Im gonna try to give you a call in the next couple of days ( work schedule sucks ) and ill try to give you a time schedule when the truck will be done and figure a good time to meet up.

thanks again guys
Tony