PDA

View Full Version : Need a frame

ulhpilot
11-01-2004, 11:17
Anyone know where I can get a replacement frame for a '92 K2500 C6P? New or used. Don't want to repair the one I have, and I'm going to do a ground up resto, including a solid axle front end.
Thanks.

Keith Richards
11-01-2004, 17:50
I know a guy here in N.J. that has a clean 1 ton 4x4 frame,but its off a 86 military chevy.I dont know if that would work for your body or not.Very cheap,if your interested.

ulhpilot
11-02-2004, 04:42
Thanks, but '86 is a different body style (I believe the change was made in '88).

Come on Guys, if I can't get this done, I'll have to replace the truck. And if I do that, it's going to be a Dodge/Cummins...

Hye
11-02-2004, 06:54
Hmmmm? The Member's Area article on the Dmax Suburban lists several suppliers who deal in new, salvaged parts direct from GM. They built the truck using these parts that cost less than half of what the price of a new 'burb would be, if it had a Dmax.

Keith Richards
11-02-2004, 18:42
I know of the body style change,but thought maybe the older frame would be workable?I'm probably way off,but with a little customizing anything can be done.But I hear you, why go the hard way if you dont have to.good luck

JoeyD
11-06-2004, 03:27
If your doing a ground up, the older frame will work as well. I think they are stronger and if it's a military truck it will have additional braces and frame size. I have seen some of the newer trucks on the older frames so it can be done.
Have you checked the dealer for a price on new?

gmctd
11-06-2004, 08:12
The 1-ton LoPro frame had the GM straight front axle - spring hangers for leaf springs already installed, stiffer crossmembers.
Cross-over steering link, different ratio steering box for straight-axle duty.

Might give it the ole eyeball during planning stages.