PDA

View Full Version : In the dark?

lbrown
01-27-2003, 10:00
Morning all,
Popped the hood on my new 03 3500 last night to plug it in and the hood light didnt come on.
Reason why is that there is'nt one there!
Did they neglect to put one on my truck or is this the case with all 03's.

jbplock
01-27-2003, 10:23
No hood light on the 03's...

Diesel Freak
01-27-2003, 10:49
GM, in their infinite wisdom, decided to save 50 bucks and **** all of us '03 owners off by deleting the underhood light, and the lights under the dash.

Personally I would have been happy to pay $100 more for the truck and have the lights!

Good move GM :rolleyes:

AlanL
01-27-2003, 13:08
I noticed the missing underhood light as well. What a stupid thing to skimp on! Not even the LT has it. If you want to take it off the base truck to save a couple of bucks, OK, but on the one with the $10K option package?

There are some other differences between my old suburban and my 2500HD that don't make much sense either since they're basically the same vehicle in a lot of respects. The Suburban had lighten vanity mirrors on both sides, and even a setup where there was a double visor on both sides. The 2500HD LT just has single visors with an unlighted mirror on the passenger side.

4meseb
01-27-2003, 17:04
I noticed the light missing the day after I got my 03 too. I couldn't believe that something so small would be deleted. They also took the lumbar adjustment off of the power seat on the Drivers LS model and you can't even get dual power seats unless you get the buckets. I don't understand why they would add a few nice new features but take away some really good features from a 2002.
I had 29,000 miles on my 02 when I traded it in and now have 900 on the new 03 but man, I can't wait til this thing gets broke in. It really seems like a dog.
Scott