PDA

View Full Version : Stalling

freestates
01-27-2003, 09:11
Started up this morning as usual. Got out to help my son into the back seat and she stalled. Started her back up and she stalled again. Did this three times before finally starting. Has this happened to anyone else? This is the first time in 59,766 miles that this has happened.

Thanks
Wayne

thechevyhdman
01-27-2003, 11:23
How bout' maintenance wise. When was fuel filter done last. What was the temperature out. etc etc. Some more details could help narrow down potential problems. Bill

freestates
01-27-2003, 13:03
Bill,

Fuel filter was replaced 3000 miles ago. The fuel filter is changed every 10,000 miles. I started running FPPF Total Power at the recommended ratio two tanks ago. Fuel is always purchased from the same station. The temperature was 10 degres Farenheit. The block heater was plugged in. The oil was changed yesterday evening along with air cleaner filter. The truck is and always has been bone stock.
Thanks
Wayne

pinehill
01-27-2003, 22:41
Wayne,

Check that your fuel filter is firmly seated in the adaptor, and that the water sensor assembly on the bottom is also firmly seated. I had one come loose after about 3,000 mi. with similar symptoms.