PDA

View Full Version : Rough idle

Trippin
01-26-2003, 22:02
My 03 just started vibrating a little at idle. You can feel it in the brake pedal and see it in the side mirrors. At idle, the side mmiirrrroorrss are blurry, touch the throttle just a little and it goes away. The truck just turned 3,000 miles. I can almost say with certainty that it occured after the previous fillup. I ran that tank and I'm 200 miles into the next tank full and it is still there. So far all my fuel has been purchased from the same station. I did a search and saw some discussions about lopey idle. Is this what I'm experiencing? Mine occurs both hot and cold. Is there an injector pump replacement in my future? :confused:

mdrag
01-26-2003, 23:01
Trippin,

I had a similar experience right before Thanksgiving. I also noticed a slight shake in both Lucerix mirrors while idling. The rough idle deteriorated into 'no start' over 1-2 weeks...Fuel filter was clogged with algae - a tad less than 3K on the fuel filter.

If your problem persists or worsens, I'd suggest changing the fuel filter and cutting it open for inspection. If algae is found, treat with an algaecide and do another quick fuel filter change after running a tank or two through. Good luck

Trippin
01-28-2003, 21:32
I've noticed the idle is now around 700 to 800 rpm. This seems high. Maybe a vacuum leak? I'll change the fuel filter this weekend. Any additional thoughts?