PDA

View Full Version : Longest tow coming up.....

Alli-max
01-24-2003, 13:13
Well, I just bought a boat in North Carolina and wanted to get some info from you full timers...

Total weight will be about 6,300 pounds, and I will be towing that weight a little over 1,000 miles. Bumper pull with brakes. I have the Juice, and was thinking to be safe, I should tow in I or II. NO EGT or Boost to see though! Thoughts??

By the way.... I've been here, I've just shut my trap a few months and sat back and listened (hard to believe huh??) :D

MountainMax
01-24-2003, 13:50
Who posted bond? :D :D

SoMnDMAX
01-24-2003, 13:51
Hey Mark!! Long time no see! I'm suprised you could keep your yap shut that long... :D Is the water still draining freely from your airbox? tongue.gif

Anyway, You'll be safe pulling the boat in Level #2. With gauges, you could probably run #3 or #4, but a person ABSOLUTELY HAS to pay attention to EGT, and adjust thier right foot accordingly when the temps get too high. Resist the temptation to pull in the higher levels without the gauges. It doesn't take much sometimes to push the EGT to 1400 degrees, if you're not careful.

Have a fun trip!

Matt

[ 01-24-2003: Message edited by: SoMnDMAX ]</p>

pinehill
01-24-2003, 14:03
Last summer I rode with a friend who has the standard Juice, pulling an 8,000 lb TT in a hilly area. Level 1 was enough to enable him to pull all but the steepest hills while holding overdrive. His guages showed no increase in EGTs compared with pulling without the Juice. Level 2 did show a moderate EGT increase. You should be happy (and safe) running in level 1.

Alli-max
01-24-2003, 14:29
hahaha MM..... :D

thaks Pinehill and Matt.... Will keep her in Level I/IV on the way there, and Level I/II on the way back. At least it is interstate 95% of the way. Going to have FUUUUUN with these no excuse for mirrors...

SoCalDMAX
01-24-2003, 15:20
"Who posted bond? :D :D "

LOL :D Now THAT was funny! We still haven't heard who posted it... maybe all of his witnesses left the country, or he got time off for good behavior. ;) Those min. security joints must have internet access, probably cable and satellite, too.

Seriously, with only 6,300lbs, I would think level 3 would be no problem, especially with the cold air temps. Level 2 would be absolutely safe.

What kinda boat? Have a fun trip!

Regards, Steve

SteveO
01-24-2003, 15:39
Alli-max,

What part of NC?

Oh, never mind.. Leafblowers are outlawed in my neighbor hood.... smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

JEBar
01-26-2003, 08:20
Like SteveO asked .... What part of NC? Might be a good excuse for some of us in this area to hold a quick get together?!? If you are coming by I40, (without a guage) would strongly suggest no more than level II in the mountains....Jim

SmokeyB
01-26-2003, 08:49
Count me in if we have that get-together in NC.

FirstDiesel
01-26-2003, 09:32
Speak up if it happens, I'll be in N.C. in a few weeks and wouldn't mind saying hi too

Alli-max
01-27-2003, 08:58
SoCal... It is a Searay 245 Weekender...

Picking it up at Wrightsville Beach, NC at the Marine Max dealership. I will be spending the night there that night (this Friday night)and grabbing it at 8A Sat. morning. Planning on leaving WB area around 11A for my 1,064 mile jaunt back....

[ 01-27-2003: Message edited by: Alli-max ]</p>

MountainMax
01-27-2003, 11:24
Let's see.... we have someone who has 1135 posts in two years that says he's been "sitting back watching" ;) for awhile. And, he's from Texas where there are as many boat dealers as fire ants but yet he's driving to North Carolina, through the mountains, in the winter, to buy a boat??

Mmmmm,.... Does your Doctor know about this trip? Are you taking anyone from your group? If not, we're here for ya man. And don't be afraid to take the pills. Psychtrophic medicines have come along way in the last few years.

Alli-max
01-27-2003, 13:06
lol... actually been reading a bit, but mainly personal stuff (the Big D, and I dont mean Dallas as the song goes).... So now I am going through my 'mid life crisis' and getting a boat. Getting it in NC because I CAN NOT pass up on this deal. Way more boat than I need, but had to get it. Stopping in Birmingham and Atlanta GA for a few sales calls so I can write it off too! :D

Nobody from my area going w/ me. Me, myself, and I. Pills? What pills? tongue.gif ;)

sonofagun
01-27-2003, 16:37
Mark,

Glad you are still around. Keep the toys comin' our economy needs all the help it can get!!

Don't forget to hang a big red flag on the back of the boat!! :cool: :cool:

Enjoy!

Bob

SteveO
01-27-2003, 16:54
MountainMax,

Not to worry, no mountains to climb in his trip..
Just keep it between the lines smile.gif

Alli-Max,

You going all the way up I-85 to 74 in NC?