PDA

View Full Version : Help ??

sixl
01-23-2003, 21:11
I Have had the hot juice about 4 monthes and never a problem until today I was in 125 and pushing pretty hard on it nothing new but when I hit 5th gear it HIT hard and sounded bad, I let off and it was like I had 3500 stall it took every thing just to move I killed it and started it back no diff. I was just two blocks from my shop so I putted on back got to the shop and killed it, let it set for five minutes and tried it no reverse the R would just flash tried D and it clunked it gear I pulled the juice off let it set for about 30 minutes and ran fine put the juice back on no other problems. Any one have an idea on what happend :confused:

mackin
01-23-2003, 22:08
Sounds like LIMP mode to me......

Funny how some trucks are more prone to it then others....

How many miles? Miles Juiced?

MAC

sixl
01-24-2003, 08:34
I have 34000 miles and 30000 of them have been juiced and the other 4000 had the van aken box. Does any one think the trany is getting weak therfore it went in to limp? I have never experienced this before.

[ 01-24-2003: Message edited by: sixl ]</p>

hoot
01-24-2003, 16:20
Definately limp mode.

No harm done. Sometime Ally no like heavy peddle in big gear.

What happens is when it senses fifth gear clutch slippage out of tolerance, she jumps out of gear then defaults into third. It's the jumping out of gear when under load that feels like a slam. I found that if you pull over, shut the truck down, wait a minute, restart, you are back in business. The SES light will go out in a day.

Doesn't mean your tranny is getting weak. You just gave it it's Juice initiation. :D