PDA

View Full Version : noisy heater motor

tonkater
01-20-2003, 20:04
Was curious if any of you 2002 hd owners have a "squealing" heater fan motor upon first turning it on ? Occurs only when truck is cold , in this frigid 10 degrees and below weather this week. It last for about 30 seconds and quiets down.

And - where did they hide the engine block heater cord ? I've looked and looked and can't find.

Maxter
01-20-2003, 20:24
Mine started like that. Now it sounds like a family of hamsters moved in. My dealer ordered the motor and it is supposed to be changed next week.

It happened about a year after my purchase in January 2002.

Good luck.

JF.

[ 01-21-2003: Message edited by: Maxter ]</p>

WillowCreekStable
01-21-2003, 08:35
They do a fine job of hiding the block heater cord. On mine it was wire tied to the battery cables leading from under the engine to the passenger side battery. And you'll find it's tight as a g-string when you stretch it out and under the hood. Like a couple more inches would break the bank. When it warms up enough to crawl under it I'm going to re-locate the cord to come out the bumper next to one of the tow hooks.

mackin
01-21-2003, 19:22
WillowCreekStable

"And you'll find it's tight as a G-string when you stretch it out"

Since I have yet to pull mine out and might be in the need of a new extension cord could you clarify.....

Would that be =&gt; An Opra Winfrey,G-string tight?
Or a Pamela Anderson tight?? ;)

Seeing how I would like to get the proper E-cord....

MAC :D :D :D

tonkater
01-21-2003, 22:49
Thanks, I've starred at engine compartment "twice" and not found it. Will look again now that I know it on pass side. Thanks

tonkater
01-28-2003, 19:15
FOUND IT ! Thanks

Terry

Dieselgettogether.com