PDA

View Full Version : Can't extinguish SES

stillracing
01-19-2003, 23:05
I let someone fill my fuel tank and I did not check to make sure the cap was tight. I tried disconnecting the batteries with no luck. I can't wait for 40 starts.

I don't have a computer to turn it off.

Tractor
01-19-2003, 23:08
In a earlier post, and also after talking to a 2003 unhappy DURAMAX owner at the local tractor shop. I would have your dealers check to see if your Injection pump is getting full power in realation to how much you have you foot pedal down. Some would have it to the floor put the pump was only getting half of the impulse to its brain. That would sure make a power difference. That seems to be a problem with some of the 2003 DURAMAX,s that I,am aware of.
TRACTOR.

Tractor
01-19-2003, 23:12
In a earlier post, and also after talking to a 2003 unhappy DURAMAX owner at the local tractor shop. I would have your dealers check to see if your Injection pump is getting full power in realation to how much you have you foot pedal down. Some would have it to the floor put the pump was only getting half of the impulse to its brain. That would sure make a power difference. That seems to be a problem with some of the 2003 DURAMAX,s that I,am aware of.
TRACTOR.

Tractor
01-19-2003, 23:13
Sorry boys that did not end up in the right place
TRACTOR

Tractor
01-19-2003, 23:19
A guy was talking about low power in his 2003. Something I did must have been way out there.

DmaxMaverick
01-20-2003, 09:31
Look at the obvious stuff first. If the MAF sensor is loose or disconnected, or any of the intake plumbing is loose, it will set a code continually. Someone may suggest that a loose or leaking fuel cap can cause a code, but that is only on gassers, not the Duramax. The fuel cap is the first thing most dealers will check, Diesel or not. Guess they just don't know any better.