PDA

View Full Version : Six speed DMax

DickWells
06-03-2004, 18:01
What's the story on the manual transmission for the DMax? I don't see people talking about it on the DP, and I couldn't find anything in any of the data at the local Chevy store lobby, while I was waiting for a new wiper circuit board installation.
I've always been a stick shift man, (the L80E in the Sub. not withstanding), and if I ever get in the market for a new truck, it will most likely have a six-speed in it.
I hate to think that GM has made the manual un-availabe. Anybody have any info?
Dick

Keith Richards
06-04-2004, 19:53
There definately is a manual tranny, it's just rare because everyone wants that little sweetheart Allison.

MaxRock
06-09-2004, 13:15
Dick,

I have the ZF 6 speed and love it. At first the shifting is a little tight, but as the tranny breaks in, the shifting becomes smoother. The truck has consistently given me 20 to 21 MPG over the past 84k miles.

The only issue is the d*mn dual mass flywheel. How can you take a simple item like a flywheel and design it into a weak, unreliable product?

Besides the DMF, I love the stick and would never get an auto. However, if I did ever get an auto, the Allison would be the only one.

MaxRock