PDA

View Full Version : Reprogamming keyless entry keypad

Dalmation6
02-29-2004, 16:24
I was curious if anyone know how to make the keyless entry system work. I had the dealer send me a new keyless entry to replace a lost one, I still have keypad # 1 and the new one is Keypad # 2. I don't really want to make a trip to the local dealer just for this.
Thanks in advance

Cornell
03-02-2004, 12:28
I think you will have to back to the dealer, both keypads have to be programed using a Tech II scanning tool, I had a similar problem with my 2001 Chevy Tahoe. Depending on your realtionship with your dealer yhey may do it free of charge.

MAV
03-02-2004, 19:45
Just stand next to the truck you wish to program your new remote too. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote. It may take 20 seconds or more but the trucks locks will cycle and the new remote will work. Works this way on my 01.

mdrag
03-02-2004, 21:24
Here's the procedure that I have in my notes to reprogram the keyless remotes. I've never tried it, and don't know if it will work on '04....

1. Ignition OFF. Press and hold the power unlock button on the door panel. Cycle the ignition key ON, OFF, ON, OFF. Release power unlock button. The locks will automatically cycle once to verify programming mode.

2. Hold down the keyless transmitter's LOCK and UNLOCK buttons for 15 seconds. The locks will cycle once to indicate successful programming.

3. Repeat step #2 for ALL additional keyless transmitters even if they were previoulsy programmed.

4. Turn the ignition ON to exit the programming mode.

LINK (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=005037#000003) to previous forum post with success using this method up to '03.

Good luck.

Dalmation6
03-03-2004, 18:01
Thank you for the responses. I have an 03 D/A CC. I'm going outside to test it right now