PDA

View Full Version : Transmission fluid

dmaxstu
04-05-2005, 07:56
I've been absent from this forum for a while and as such haven't had my finger on the pulse. I just want to share my latest experience. I had completely bought into the Transynd synthetic transmission fluid craze of a few years back. So yesterday I went to my local dealer to pick up a fresh supply when he came out with a Fleetguard brand and told me that is what they send him when he orders Transynd. Also I gagged when he told me it cost in excess of $40 per gallon. Since I had to go to my local oil distributor to pick up my Delvac Synthetic I decided to check prices there and found out that Chevron markets a HD synthetic Tranny fluid with the same specs as both the Fleetguard and Transynd for $17 per gallon. So needless to say I've gone for the Chevron especially since I really don't go for the extended drain intervals which all 3 of these fluids are designed for.
So I'm wondering what's been the scuttlebut on the forum regarding the transmission fluid issue. Stu

nlp
04-05-2005, 08:24
I haven't used it, but I was just on the Amsoil website and they sell a Transynd replacement oil.
Something to consider.

More Power
04-05-2005, 14:24
As long as the Chevron synthetic ATF is labeled with the correct certifications meeting GM's specs, you'll likely be fine.

MP

dmaxstu
04-06-2005, 15:07
Hi NLP
I did as suggested and went to the Amsoil website and found that ATF at $34 per gallon same specs as Chevron HD synthetic ATF. Tomorrow I am going to pick up my pail (5 Gal) for $17 and change per gallon and hope the other shoe is'nt going to drop since they did not want a deposit when I ordered it. Stu

[ 04-07-2005, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: dmaxstu ]

dmaxstu
04-07-2005, 11:21
Well the other shoe did'nt drop. I paid $17.21 per gallon for Chevron HD synthetic ATF. If any one else is interested in this stuff I'd be happy to attach the specs to an E-mail. Stu

jbplock
04-07-2005, 14:18
Stu,

I would appreciate a copy of the Chevron Synthetic ATF Spec. I looked for it on Chevron's website but couldn't find it. (My email is diesel1 @ usadatanet.net ... with no spaces).

Thanks! smile.gif