PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using the V1.2 Juice LLY?

durachev
04-04-2005, 17:38
Has anybody had a change to test out the new update from Edge for the LLY juice? I have kinda been holding out to see if they have gotten some of the issues resolved, with the cough, knocking, etc.

Kennedy
04-05-2005, 04:22
Worked good the little bit that I've used mine so far. I ran the LLY EZ for over 500 miles and it worked well too. Both Edge models did not affect the DIC mileage which surprised me.

durachev
04-05-2005, 17:54
You the man, let us know after you get a chance to put a few hundred miles on it. That would be sweet if the DIC wasn't affected.

durachev
04-11-2005, 15:51
nobody else using this yet???

Kennedy
04-12-2005, 04:38
I washed my '05 up on Friday as it got all salty on the UP trip. Roads were clear, but salt dust combined with HIGH waters across the road in Rapid River MI (UP) made it look like we had driven a winter trip. salt on the hood, side windows etc. Presently the VA is installed, but it's too much for the stock transmission on level 2 so that makes it a single level box. :rolleyes: I'll be running the Juice next time out with this truck.

This past weekend I towed with my 02 which wasn't cleaned recently, but is past due.

bobo
04-15-2005, 05:16
I am running v1.2 now. I am going to take it out this afternoon and see what it will do.

durachev
04-15-2005, 13:51
excellent, let us know your results.

bobo
04-16-2005, 19:07
Ran the V1.2 pretty hard this weekend. Put on 180 miles and used a half tank of fuel!! It was all or nothing. Poor truck only has 4000 miles on it. I didn't get the turbo clatter or bark that happened every time I ran it hard on level 4 or 5 before the update. This don't feel as strong as the predator. I ran mostly level 4. I am now running level 5 with defuel on all shifts and it seems to run better than level 4 with no defuel between shifts. I didn't limp the tranny, but level 5 with no defuel would have. Level 4 with no defuel was slipping it. I need to take this thing to the track to get some #'s to compare the two programmers. I think the Predator is going to give the Juice a heck of a run. I did not do any 4wd boost launches, but I'll try one next weekend. I did noticed it short shifts in third. I think it is from the oversized tires. I did a run starting w/ gear lever in third, o/d lockout on and revved it out in third, manually shifted into fourth and it seemed to be the fastest doing that. It doesn't spin the tires from a dead stop by just punching the throttle. It lags and takes off good, starts building boost and then wham, second gear hits. It spins the tires a bit, then accelerates and third gear hits. Third lasts for a second and right into fourth. It seems to loose a lot of power in third. That is, until I tried the manual shifting. I'll post more later or if I have any troubles. V1.2 did the trick so far!! I love being able to change the power level on the fly with the Juice. I need to find a Banks truck to run!!

durachev
04-17-2005, 04:08
Thanks for the update :D

Kennedy
04-18-2005, 04:51
BobO,

Don't forget TCC lockup occurs in there somewhere. Depending on tire size, it will hit around 22mph in TH mode and 52mph in normal mode.

bobo
04-24-2005, 14:53
I ran it at the track today. Great Lakes Dragway in Union Grove, WI. I was impressed. My brother was too. Didin't have any problems with juice. Only used juice, no predator, on a bunch of different settings. My fastest was 14.322 @98.55 w/ 2.254 60' and 9.313 @78.3 in the 1/8th. I couldn't duplicate the run. I don't know why. My next fastest was a 14.648@92 w/2.333 60ft and 9.354@76.55 1/8th. I ran 13 runs. I had my brother with me on most, but not my 4 fastest. I didn't remove anything from the truck. Ran it like I drive it. My fastest 60' was 1.932 in 4wd. I raced a 2003 SS Silverado 3 times and beat him twice. He had headers, no cat, and custome tune. A SB Dodge Hemi 4x4 was there. He had exhaust, but I don't know what else. His fastest was a 15.2something. I didn't get to run him side by side though(I wanted to!!!). My average, throwing out the fastest and the slowest time,was 14.8863. That average is including 5 runs with my brother and I in the truck. Fastest run with both of us in truck was 14.796@88.27mph, 1.932 60ft, 9.287@71.63mph in 1/8th.

Kennedy
04-24-2005, 15:24
Odds are, if you stil have stock trans, the Edge let you get away with more the first time, then started limiting power before it saw the slip. Seems to be pretty smart that way.

Sounds like you had fun! I know BMDMAX and MP got some play time this weekend. Mine was all drive (actually ride) time to Mpls Horse Expo. 19.4+mpg with the LB7 on mostly Interstate roads. At times on the way back we ran about 80 to keep with traffic.

bobo
04-24-2005, 17:19
That makes sense. The truck shifted differently after that run. Seemed like it paused between the 3-4 and 4-5 shifts more after that run. It was a ton of fun. I met some great people, and my brother was all smiles. He loved driving it. He couldn't belive how it spun the tires in 4wd. I liked running 2wd more than 4wd. 4wd at launch is a handful. The 1-2 shift in 2wd is a blast. It hooks after the shift and puts you in your seat. And the best part...the look on the dudes face when I went 14.648 @92 vs. his 14.628 @101.39 in a new mustang GT. I had him till the very very end. I asked him to run me again and he said no. I can't wait to go back!!