PDA

View Full Version : find upgrades for lly by vin #?

billsMax
04-04-2005, 13:12
I have a 2005 low mileage duramx with a cough and lots of smoke when using the juice. Also has slight surging at very low speed without the juice. Dealer says there aren't any computer upgrades for my model. Is there any place I can look up upgrades for my vin?
The Edges comment for my smoking problem was that the lly has more power than my older LB7 and it's supposed to smoke???? Sounds like something more than my truck is blowing smoke.
Sent e-mail and waiting to hear from KennedyDiesel re if my juice is supposed to have an upgrade that should help the smoke and cough.
I had a juice on my 2001 duramax and it was good but I wouldn't recommend the juice for the LLY until somebody finds out how to fix this smoke and cough. :(

More Power
04-04-2005, 15:25
The ECM/TCM Update information page (http://vci.ecomm.gm.com/vci/) should have the info you're looking. Let us know what if any updates you discover.

MP

Kennedy
04-04-2005, 17:19
Bill,

What email did you send from? Wondering if I already replied or if it somehow got missed.

Being a 2005, it's probably current. Edge Juice current is V1.2

billsMax
04-05-2005, 03:23
John, I sent the e-mail on april 1st. Wanted to know if I can look at my juice and see what version it is or can you check your records and see. If mine is currect version, do you have any suggestions....I can't tow with this thing smoking and coughing everytime I accelerate moderately hard. I bought this from you Dec 15th

I'm going to check the ecm/tcm page for updates on my truck

billsMax
04-05-2005, 03:40
More Power,
I checked my vin on ecm/pcm site but don't know what it is giving me. It's about 12 different controllers but the only 3 I see that have anything at all to do with drivebility are "PCM/VCM powertrain/vehicle control module", "ATC active transfer case module" and "TCM transmission control module"??
But I don't know how to use this info...it doesn't tell me what they are supposed to do or correct?

Kennedy
04-05-2005, 04:18
If you haven't received my reply, please resend to john@kennedydiesel.com

billsMax
04-05-2005, 04:30
I'll resend now

More Power
04-05-2005, 08:21
Bill, I recommend printing out the info on the Update info page, then take it to your dealer. This lets them know that you have taken the time to find the information yourself, and they will then be more inclined to reflash your ECM/PCM. ;)

MP

Kennedy
04-05-2005, 09:43
Originally posted by billsMax:
I'll resend now OK, I found it in my filter and approved it. Not very many messages get caught there, but yours did.

Anyhow, the V1.2 updates for the LLY were just recently released. I'd suggest having these updates performed, AND looking at using a high quality fuel additive like FPPF Total Power as well as possibly switching fuel suppliers to see if there is a change. NC seems to be a hotspot for crappy fuel...

Madd Max
04-05-2005, 18:41
billsMax,

Did you turn off your popup blocker? If you didn't you need to and it will give you the info your looking for.

Dennis

billsMax
04-06-2005, 02:35
Mad Max
I've turned off popup blocker and when I check pcm/vcm module for my vin, I get the screen saying "getting calibration information" with the little clock dial spinning on the left side of the page but it never gives me anything....just keeps on spinning

DmaxMaverick
04-06-2005, 06:09
I just checked 2 VIN's and it works fine.

When you enter your VIN and click "select", the "select a controller" and "select a program type" window is next. Select PCM/VCM and Normal, then click Next. The "getting calibration information" window will appear, then a pop up window will appear, then close, then the calibration info will load. If you are not getting the pop up window, it will not load the info, which means your pop up blocker is preventing a transition.

Try this link to get there: http://calid.gm.com/vci/VINEntryPre.do .

They made some changes to the VCI site, and the link may have something to do with it.