PDA

View Full Version : CAT FUEL FILTER INSTALL

DMAXTER
08-13-2003, 16:56
Hello,
After avidly reading this Forum for many months I decided that it was only fair that in exchange for the great information I've found here, that I pay up and become a memeber.

After reading all the posts indicating a need for better fuel filtering I have reciently installed the larger CAT 2 micon filter pre OEM under the air box. Fits really well, just had to bend the horn mounting bracket some and use a piece of 1/4" thick aluminum angle I had to attach it to the bottom of the air box support plate. Due to the weight of the filter assembly I added a piece of 1/4" thick aluminum plate to reinforce the air box support plate.

Took 225 pumps to prime and I only bled the air out of the OEM filter. Started right up and I've got several hundred miles on it so far with no problems :D I changed the OEM filter at the same time since mileage is a little over 16k, 80% towing a small 5th wheel trailer (5,500#).

I'll keep everyone posted after I get some serious miles on it. Hopefully the large Cat filter will last 15k. I'll have a chance to compare before and after fuel mileage in September when we go to Virginia.

LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!

ndamico
08-13-2003, 17:07
Congrats... 250 Pumps... that's a lot of pumpin' ;)