PDA

View Full Version : Loss of power

marlinsdmax
12-02-2003, 18:15
The other day my 6.6 dmax truck started cuttin out on me around 2800 rpms. Took it to the dealer and they said it was starved for air, they took out my K+N air filter (that had 25000 miles since i cleaned it) and put a GM filter in. Yesterday the same thing happened again. When I'm driving it hard it revs up to 2700 rpms and does not shift till I let off of the throttle. Truck has 62000 miles and to this point has been trouble free.

DonG
12-02-2003, 20:49
marlinsdmax,

Your dealer tried one of the two simple checks. The other one would be a plugged fuel filter. How long since you changed the fuel filter, or is there a chance you got a tank of bad fuel???

Don

mdrag
12-02-2003, 20:51
marlinsdmax,

Welcome to TDP forums. Did the dealer indicate if any DTC codes were set? What year is your truck? Mileage? Performance mods if any?

With the limited info provided, I would suspect the fuel filter. I experienced a failure of an OEM filter with 3K miles on it - the filter partially collapsed and the metal endcap separated from the media. Check out the MEGA FUEL FILTER KIT REVIEW (http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/megafilter.htm) for pics of the failed fuel filter. I feel 15K on the OEM is too long of a service interval, unless you know that you have a clean source of fuel. Good luck.

marlinsdmax
12-04-2003, 17:50
I took my truck to the dealer again and they said they can't find anything. The last time I drove it before it went to the dealer it was a pain just to merge with traffic because when I get it up around 26,2700rpms it just holds there till I let off the gas so it will shift. The fuel filter was changed 5000 miles ago. I've been getting my fuel at the same truck stop for the last 4000 miles. No engine performance mods as of yet, Banks 4" exhaust is coming soon. Truck is a 2002 with 62000 miles

MNBowTie
12-06-2003, 17:03
MarlinsDmax,

Have your stealer check the throttle linkage. You might be experincing a broken throttle mounting stud.

good luck