PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pressure

sk8rdi16
02-24-2005, 11:19
I just converted my 'burb over to vegetable oil and was wondering what most of you were running for fuel pressure?
I have the veggie being delivered via a Holley blue fuel pump pushing through my veg filter.

I have heard maybe higher fuel pressure would lengthen the FSD lifespan?

Where is a good place to put a pressure gauge? Just before the IP, before the filter, just after the filter?

Thanks!!

DmaxMaverick
02-24-2005, 11:51
The fuel pressure has no effect on the operation of the FSD. The FSD is electrical, and has no direct relation to the fuel. It is a "relay" between the PCM and I/P, a signal amplifier, if you will.

If you are installing a single gage, the best location is between the filter and I/P. The indications will be two-fold. It will indicate the actual fuel pressure the pump is seeing, and show a trend to the filter condition. Ideally, two gages are better, one before the filter, and one after, to show differential pressures across the filter element, which will show the actual filter element condition. You do need to take into consideration the tempurature of the fuel, as cooler fuel will indicate higher restriction rates, and veggie oil will show a wider swing through the temp range.