PDA

View Full Version : BooB

Tom Hallock
10-30-2004, 08:14
Hate to be a complete boob. BUT, what I know of engines and especially Diesel ones at that can be placed on the head of a pin. But, I am starting to learn,( slowly). Though I doubt that I will ever be a mechanic. Oh well, I'm a kind of mechanic in my own chosen field, nursing. So with that said. Here are my questions: what do -- FDS, OSE an PMD terms mean?
I think the Diesel Page ought to have a Glossary Page for people like me. Come to think of it thats not really a bad idea.
Tom Hallock

gmctd
10-30-2004, 09:42
Well -
FDS may be Floral Delivery Service
OSE may be Office of Special Enquiry ;)

but PMD we can handle - Pump Mounted Driver, which is what the FSD Fuel Solenoid Driver becomes when attached to the IP Injection Pump.

FSD\PMD is the PCM Powertrain Control Module computer high current driver interface to the mechanical injection pump.

We also got a OPS Oil Pressure Switch, a dual function sending unit for the Oil Pressure Gage, and the engine safety switch for the fuel supply Lift Pump - cuts power to the Lift Pump when oil pressure drops to 0.

The Lift Pump sends fuel from the tank, at the rear, to the Injection Pump, up front on the engine.

Seems like there was an acronym listing in the Member's Area, at one time.
Anyone know, fer sure?

G. Gearloose
10-30-2004, 10:35
FDS = feminine deoderant spray, but i suspect it won't help your engine...

Tom Hallock
10-30-2004, 11:03
DUH Thanks guys. See I told I was a boob. LOL
Maybe there ought to be a joke board on different ways to spell abbreviations an tongue in cheek meanings. you guys sure helped me out , though an I appreciate it.