PDA

View Full Version : Predator Info

Bair
04-28-2003, 21:28
I was wondering if somebody that has the predator for their DMX, could describe to me how the power settings set at 40HP & 60HP feel?
I'm not really interested in the 100HP setting, because I heard the the EGT levels are pretty high.(don't want to over due it!)
Also if anybody has monitored how high their EGT levels went to at the 40HP and 60HP setting?, I woud appreciate any info on it.

Thanks
Bair

P.S. Doesn't it burn your ass to know that
Ford is in 1st place again with their
new 6.0? I know it burns mine. What is
GM going to do about it?

chuntag95
04-28-2003, 22:04
In daily driving I only hit about 750 to 800 with the 100 Hp. You can't stay on it long enough in traffic to get too high. I have not tried the 85 since I got the update. The older version had a few bugs that bothered my. I will reload and drive for a while to see if they are still there. I like the 100 as it really improves the throttle response. The 85 may be the same now. I would not tow with it at 100, but probably 60.

carnutsx2
04-28-2003, 22:19
I just got mine from Mr Brown this morning. I first tried to load the 100hp setting, the truck idled like it had a huge cam. I reset the program to stock then back to the 100hp setting. The transmision was shifting (or defueling) odd. I then programed the 80hp setting. WOW this thing hauls AZZ. its kinda strange how fast a big truck can be. Ill run some HP and 0-60 times with my G-Tec tomorow.

NFLDMAX
04-29-2003, 05:13
They tranny will start to shift a little better with time....The revised version is very much improved :D

HD-Nate
04-29-2003, 08:49
-----------------------------------------------
P.S. Doesn't it burn your ass to know that
Ford is in 1st place again with their
new 6.0? I know it burns mine. What is
GM going to do about it?
-----------------------------------------------

Well Bair, I cant respond to your Predator question but I feel I need to respond to your Signature.

The 6.0 is still unproven, yes HP and lb/torque looks impressive on paper, but Ford has been know to lie about both. (Ref. 2000 lawsuit they lost on HP ratings for the Cobra)

The tranny is giving Ford fits at present. My Son works at the largest Ford Truck dealership in the area. (and yes he drives 2 Chevy trucks as do several of the mechanics).

The trannys are not holding up, either breaking or constantly going into limp mode.

GM has to prove NOTHING, they have set the bar!

hoot
04-29-2003, 09:01
What burns my butt is that GM allowed Ford to build up such a following over the years that's very difficult to plunder.

I think GM should have built a Super Duty killer, not an alternative. By that I mean a totally seperate body/chassis like Ford does with SFA.

GM still does not quite compete with the SuperDuty chassis/groundclearance/robustness. That's why they (Ford) sell so many to the working stiffs.

Hey, I like this IFS system but I'm not out on the farm/construction site. There are a lot of sales out there where men want SFA period.

I think it (HD IFS) could be a little tougher built. Bigger components, especially steering. Ford has higher capacity axles up front too. If the susp was more like a Hummer, than we talkin.

GM just likes to woo the lighter side.

[ 04-29-2003: Message edited by: hoot ]

[ 04-29-2003: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

bullet2110
04-29-2003, 10:11
Hey Hoot.......Hummer wheels and tires on the way..reference to Hummer supspension.....Am I picking up on "Hummer Fever" in the air?

Just wondering?

hoot
04-29-2003, 10:40
Just the wheels. I'm not that rich ;)

HD-Nate
04-29-2003, 13:18
Hey Hoot, I felt like I needed to add my .02 cents worth in, its a little slow at work today :D

--------------------------------------------
What burns my butt is that GM allowed Ford to build up such a following over the years that's very difficult to plunder.
------------------------------------------
GM sells more trucks than Ford, every year since the

Nixter
04-29-2003, 21:09
I wouldn't want a Navistar 6.0 under my hood regardless of the power. It just looks like a mess under the hood. Six years from now some poor sucker will have to pay a weeks labor to have his thermostat changed on one. Also I have seen a F**D chassis break clean while overloaded and offroad. You could hear it from 200 yards away. I think it might have been defective. And BTW I have also seen a GM ifs break. It was on a half ton with 450k construction miles, and was in my family for 3 generations. --Nick

RWTD
04-30-2003, 22:52
&gt; I first tried to load the 100hp setting, the
&gt; truck idled like it had a huge cam.

carnutsx2, I wanted to inform you, along with anyone else who may be experiencing this above, that if you have v1.03, then it's worth looking into getting v1.04, as Johan at DiabloSport told me today that it incorporates an idle fix for the 2002-2003 models. He's found that not all of the trucks are affected, though, and doing a resetting of the tune, much like you did, has normally cured the issues.

I hope this helps you!

Regards...

[ 04-30-2003: Message edited by: RunninWithTheDevil.com ]</p>