PDA

View Full Version : Attitude and cold weather problem

NETMINDER
11-25-2003, 10:02
Sometimes when starting the truck power goes to the attitude controller (I can tell because the back light is on) but there is no digital readout. this only appears to be an issue when the unit is cold. Once I stop and restart the issue is resolved. The problem I have is how come the display doesn't automatically come on when the unit is warm enough and when you think about it - should it being doing this at all???

AbqGeorge
11-25-2003, 21:33
NETMINDER,

The display on my updated Juice with Attitude was DOA (Dead on Arrival). I believe UPS got to mine. The box was really beat up, bad! When sunlight hits the display I can just make out a hairline crack in the LCD display. Brett over at Edge is sending out a new one.

Brett mentioned that some of the early Attitudes have a problem with the lead dressing on the back of the pc board. Remove the four small phillips-head screws and check where the wire is soldered into the board. The yellow wire should not be connected to anything, and should be wrapped around the other leads in such a way as to not make contact with any traces on the board. Yeh, I know the tag says the warantee is void if removed. Since they don't put the tag over the screw holes, there's no way to tell the back was removed.