PDA

View Full Version : Good News for Duramax Fans

DURA-MAX3
11-24-2003, 11:58
I work for Halliburton Energy service and we have always had ford company vehicles, but we are now getting Chevrolets because of the problems we have had and lack of knowledge from the dealers on the new and improved power joker. This is a pretty big loss for ford, we buy a lot of vehicles. I am happy because my new company truck is a crew-cab dually duramax/allison due in this spring, with the new engine...Cool...That will be a good test for the new engine, they get worked hard around here...

heavydutydieselman3
11-24-2003, 16:18
Originally posted by DURA-MAX3:
I work for Halliburton Energy service and we have always had ford company vehicles, but we are now getting Chevrolets because of the problems we have had and lack of knowledge from the dealers on the new and improved power joker. This is a pretty big loss for ford, we buy a lot of vehicles. I am happy because my new company truck is a crew-cab dually duramax/allison due in this spring, with the new engine...Cool...That will be a good test for the new engine, they get worked hard around here... great keep us informed!

Gbenzx01
11-25-2003, 17:37
DURA-MAX3,

And sense you owned one I bet you had nothing at all todo with that ;)
However we do know several pwrstoke folks with some very serious probs & I feel for them.
My take on egr's vs emission requirements is that they simply jumped the gun on unready technology.
No question they know this well but the legals will not allow Admission of Guilt at any cost.
Granted we have gm people too that I do not want even looking at my Dmax let alone work on it!
What earthly person would have took such a gamble at furd when they had it by the tail with the 7.3?
Must have met navistar to party at vegas?
Anyway thanx a million & keep Cheney in chk! :D

Gben