PDA

View Full Version : Was out-pulled by a PSD yesterday. But.......

CanadaKev
10-10-2002, 03:27
Came off one of our ferries yesterday. Light turned red at the bottom of a 13% grade.(Dang, I like to get a run at that hill :( )PSD stops beside me(manual tranny). Light turns green and we put the boots to 'em. I was in level 2 but the juice was ineffective(DMAX was cold :mad: )
Off the light he starts to ease past me, but I stay right on his bumper to the top of the hill(1 mile).
Now for the interesting part!
GVW-----me? 26,000 lbs(gooseneck full o' cows)
him? 14,000 lbs(my estimate, I'm being generous! Two horses in a bumper pull horse trailer.) Would have been a much different outcome if we had of been a little closer to equal ;) Oh well there is always next time.

BTW, Finally installed my fuel meter. I can keep track of my mileage now! Yahoo!!
This trip 100 miles, first leg trailer empty, return leg obviously loaded. Pulled some 11%, 13%, and 18% grades(yes I said 18%!)
Burned 10 gal. US( did the conversion for you folks. Know most of you don't understand km/L(It's french to me too :confused: )
My way of figurin', that's 10 mpg. I'm happy with that!

EGT's as high as 800 (that's with a 4.3 reflash) Previous tow with 3.2, EGT's were as high as 1100, interesting eh? I know this 4.3 isn't putting out as much power! Want my 3.2 back!!

Finally got my back pressure to read 49+psi! I've got to let the tranny grab 3000 rpm on those hills then I get max back pressure. Between T/H and exhaust brake she really holds well!!
Kev

mackin
10-10-2002, 04:04
Kev

Let me see .......You were practically "TWICE" his weight.....You were at his bumper the whole time......In Ford country that's a Duramax "whipping" ........Now that's gonna cost you one cow hide for a new set of "BOOTS" for me.......

MAC :eek:

denverdale
10-10-2002, 06:48
CanadaKev
What is this fuel meter you mentioned in your original post?
Denverdale

CanadaKev
10-10-2002, 08:01
denverdale,
Farm truck, bulk diesel tank.
Never had a meter before so I never knew how much fuel I was putting in.
Now I do smile.gif
Kev

Maxter
10-10-2002, 14:08
Poor cows! However, they may learn to like it. If you hear them at a stop light, just go for it.

[ 10-10-2002: Message edited by: Maxter ]</p>