PDA

View Full Version : TMP "the lubricator" fuel treatment

hump
12-17-2003, 16:16
Anybody use this stuff? it claims to increase lubricity and clean the fuel system, prevent gelling and disperse water without alcohol. The local truck shop is selling it off cheap, half the price of the alternative Howes. I'm fairly new to the site but I've never seen it mentioned. Keep up the good work.

kowsoc
12-18-2003, 05:42
I tried a bunch off additives but haven't heard of that one. I have found a lot of them better than Howes. Any of them that claim increased fuel economy and reduced emissions seem to work the best as they contain a catalyst to burn the fuel more completely. Cetane boosters are also included in the better ones and they improve cold starting, reduce diesel rattle and smooth out performance. They all seem to make the engine run and sound a little different so it may be a personal preference...but I think everyone should use an additive IMHO.

hump
12-18-2003, 06:17
I looked at the bottle again. It's made by Taylor Made Products in New Jersey. If it gets a good review, I'll buy up some at that price.

gwaidman
12-18-2003, 21:39
Hmmmm, I've always run the Howes with good results, but maybe I try another brand. Anyone have numbers to back up claims??