PDA

View Full Version : Ordering new Duramax.. Where'd the LLY go?

Brayden
11-13-2003, 18:07
I've been toying around with GM autobook (dealer order software) and www.chevrolet.com (http://www.chevrolet.com) building my truck. I noticed that yesterday and for the whole week before, the LLY engine option was available, but today it's not there.. ??? Of course the dealer doesn't know anything about any of it. Anybody heard any more firm info on the LLY availability? Also, does anybody know if the EGR can be removed? What about removing the cat?

Thanks,

Brayden

PS this is my first post here.. Great site !!

PSS.. Here's my other diesel truck smile.gif

Here's the link to the writeup on my Cummins powered S10, enjoy.. it's about 7 pages long.

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78273&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

afp
11-13-2003, 19:09
Interesting project. I was thinking of something similiar but with a 150-180 HP common rail turbo diesel that I could have someone like Edge build me a chip for. However, that is just a distant dream for me right now. I'm more inclined to get a 4-door S-10 and put a 350 or a Vortech on the 4.3.

Let us know what kind of performance and mileage you get with this your Cummins S-10.

Blaine

mtomac
11-13-2003, 21:27
how close is the project from being done?

AndyL
11-14-2003, 03:23
Brayden, I live in Terre Haute, Can I come and check it out?

Give me a shout:

longblock454@netscape.net

Andy

Brian W. Littleton
11-14-2003, 12:24
According to my dealer they will have the program up before month end and be entering LLY this month. Did you notice the dual alternators finally showed up on Chevy. Before only GMC.

Brayden
11-14-2003, 16:02
Yeah.. that option is awesome. Wish they would allow the dual 145's that are available on the snowplow package. So I should be able to order an LLY by the end of the month?

About my ZR2, the truck is about 35% complete. I have most all the parts I need to complete it, but I decided to four link the truck instead of run leafs. I'll keep you posted. smile.gif