PDA

View Full Version : New Guy!

Shad
09-21-2003, 04:26
Hello all, new guy on board. I own a 94' 6.5 T.D. Suburban w/131,000mi . I bought it this spring with a fresh set of head gaskets and IP. The shop said (1) gasket was leaking so both heads came off. I have traveled 10,000 mi with no problems so far and we love the mpg. I am coming upon my first winter with a diesel any sugestions??? As of so far I do my own maitenance and repair. The only things I see that may need attention are to keep an eye on the oil cooling lines(had to retighten the fitting in the block)and fuel filter may need replacing.

billg
09-21-2003, 09:57
Hi Shad,
Welcome aboard; keep all your regular maintenance up to date and you shouldn

ucdavis
09-22-2003, 12:25
One of the best things I did was to order the old issue reprints & the R&R guide (bottom of the Join Us page here on TDP). 97, 98 & 99 contain lotsa stuff germain to common issues w/a /94.
Also, if you plan on doing much of your own maintenance, get a shop manual from Helminc.com. They are written by dunderheads @ indexing, but the info is mostly all there for stuff like fuse block schematic, Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) troubleshooting instructions, diagrams of where to look for certain things,... Get the one for Drivability if there are more than one & you only have dough for one.