PDA

View Full Version : Juice Question

turbolag
10-08-2002, 15:09
I recently purchased juice 4.3, wow what a difference. I noticed a problem on a trip that I took last weekend, I was not pulling a trailer. When I pushed the T/H button in coming down the hills and then back to normal mode on the flat ground the truck sounded like the valve train was going to explode. This happened multiple times and the only way to cure the problem was to stop, shut the truck off and restart. Any simialar problems or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

mtomac
10-08-2002, 16:03
I can tell exactly when the juice kicks in after the truck warms up. I notice the engine will get louder (diesel clatter) it sounds like the pilot injection is turning off but it's a little quieter than that. It happens on all levels 0-4 @ 2000-2400 rpm (70-80mph) with and w/o T/H engaged. It is very noticable when going down a hill with cruise on (light throttle). Version 3.5 didn't do this but I immediately noticed it when I got the Hot version 4.3. I'm guessing Edge went a little too far with the timing on ver 4.3?

big dipper
10-08-2002, 16:58
Guys,
I think there was a problem with 4.3. Check this out....

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=004243

[ 10-08-2002: Message edited by: big dipper ]</p>

GMC-2002-Dmax
10-08-2002, 23:44
I ran 3.61 before I updated to v4.30. I just got the box last Friday and it is dated 9/20/02 with HOT written on it in black marker.

With the v3.61 I could not feel a noticable difference in power all of a sudden based on temp. It seemed more docile than this box. With the new box when the truck hits about 180-190 degrees it wakes up.

I thought I was imagining things, but it does sound different in the L3/90HP than it did before with the old box even though that one was a regular box. A little louder than I remember but not overly loud IMHO.

I am going to pay closer attention to the noise level and see what happens.

I am wondering if this is a concern or not. I would rather know now than later, especially since an update may be out to correct this.

Can anyone find out what is going on??

Keep us informed,

GMC smile.gif

[ 10-08-2002: Message edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax ]</p>

KompressorMan
10-09-2002, 02:43
I started off with 4.1 about a month ago. It had a few glitches like stalling at traffic lights and going into limp mode. Also, I really couldn't tell any appreciable difference in power. I sent it back for an upgrade to 4.2 and WOW what a difference in performance. It wasn't perfect either. No limp mode, but it just didnt' do right. Once again I returned it to be upgraded to 4.3. This time it did exactly like Turbolag's. It would at light throttle and level roads go from pilot to direct injection and make a lot of noise. J. Kennedy thought it must be a loose wire so I gave that a once over, then he called me back and said they had a patch for 4.3 to correct the problem. It's due back Friday so we'll see.
Herb

George Gozelski
10-10-2002, 23:03
Hey KompressorMan,
I too had problems with the earlier JUICES and now run the 4.30 with no problems. It sure seems like it has less coming off of idle than it did before with my 3.5.

I plan on doing BIG things to mine sometime down the road If I can hide enough money from the little woman! I wanna do the ATS level 1 and 2 tranny upgrades, Doctor Performance injectors, Propane with exhaust and then upgrade my current juice to the 4.31! Who's your DADDY!

Maverick
10-10-2002, 23:34
Damn George!! Calm down boy! :eek:

Gonna do the Dr. Performance thing eh? I know a distributor in WA. You get that thing pumped up like that and your gonna have to skip that thing across the pond and do some racing at Alaska Raceway Park.

You got a Kennedy exhaust don't you? I thought JK said he sold one to a guy in Juneau. Love mine. :D

[ 10-10-2002: Message edited by: Maverick ]</p>