PDA

View Full Version : How do you

TurboDiverArt
12-17-2003, 11:08
Hi all,

I

ucdavis
12-17-2003, 12:06
Easiest method of bowl drain I've read here is to put a tube on the filter bleed nipple, engine off, open the brass water bleed valve by the coolant crossover on front of engine, & blow into the tube on filter. This pushes fuel out the bottom of the bowl into whatever container you've rigged to catch it @ the water bleed. Then remove filter, etc. & clean out bowl. Filter can is removable; two bolts @ top & hose & electrical connections @ bottom; probably easier to clean it where it sets as the lower connections are tough to get at.
Gas cans work fine for diesel.
Run tank to near dry, then fill up w/good diesel; maybe check filter one last time B4 heading to dealer to see that what came outa the tank didn't muck up the bowl contents.

Bill Voitel
12-17-2003, 14:07
The easy way is to go to store buy your wife a new turkey baster then get her old one and suck the old garbage out of the bowl and dispose of it. If you have a bottel of power service or another fuel additive pour some in the bowl and repeat the process just to make sure the bowl is clean B-4 installing new filter. As I said buy the new baster FIRST cause my wife got a tad bitchy on thanksgiving when I tried to wash the old one out and give it back to her when she started looking for it :eek:

MikeC
12-17-2003, 14:12
Only those of us who have been fumigated in diesel exhaust all these years can appreciate the taste. :D

My wife still doesn't care for the noise. :rolleyes:

Mike

G B Sisson
12-17-2003, 16:02
Mike , I got my super clean 94 burb after thinking it over a few days,then returning to the caddy dealer who took it in trade. Just my luck,a couple was out in a test drive when I got there......no worry,He loved it,She hated the noise and the smell...I got it. Happily Single,GB

heavydutydieselman3
12-17-2003, 17:01
Originally posted by Bill Voitel:
The easy way is to go to store buy your wife a new turkey baster then get her old one and suck the old garbage out of the bowl and dispose of it. If you have a bottel of power service or another fuel additive pour some in the bowl and repeat the process just to make sure the bowl is clean B-4 installing new filter. As I said buy the new baster FIRST cause my wife got a tad bitchy on thanksgiving when I tried to wash the old one out and give it back to her when she started looking for it :eek: hahaha im with ya bill!!! hddm3

VA_GMC
12-22-2003, 18:35
The Service Manual says that it isnt' necessary to drain the fuel from the assembly.

I'm guessing this in cases where you don't see a lot of dirt in the bottom?

TurboDiverArt
12-24-2003, 05:37
I did actually clean the bottom of the fuel bowel. I used Q-tips and mopped it all up. It's just too tight to get your hand in there with a rag. The bottom is stained but not dirty. I thought there was fungus or something rowing on the bottom but when I put a bright light to it, it was just gray discoloration stains on the bottom.

Thanks!
Art.