PDA

View Full Version : High Idle question

Whiteknight
11-06-2003, 21:01
About the high idle, I bought my truck used and have just discovered that it already has the high idle installed, but it's wired through a toggle switch that is only powered when the ignition key is turned on. I have remote start so I can't use the high idle without the key being in the ignition. Where can I hook my switch into that is powered all the time? My switch is on the dash right beside the airbag switch.

What size filter wrench do I need for the fuel filter? Is 3 1/2 to 3 7/8 the right size?

tcelano1
11-06-2003, 21:37
Howdy,

I did the high-idle mod on my '02 as well. Mine is also powered from an ignition source, but it would be a simple matter to tap into a wire in the dash which goes to say, the running lights or maybe the output of your remote starter. The bigger problem you are going to have is how to actuate the high-idle without actually being in the truck to press the set button on your cruise control. Since that set button just goes back to the ECU, you'd have to figure out a way to apply the signal at the right time, because I'm pretty sure the truck won't immediately go to high idle after starting, even if it was shut down from high-idle. I know mine won't. Somebody on here might know the answer to that better than me though.

Kennedy
11-07-2003, 05:58
You could use an Aux channel on the remote start to either activate remote and standby,or pulse the resume or set switch...

Whiteknight
11-07-2003, 16:26
Ok, my high idle switch is now getting power from the green wire to the brake pedal and it will even come on with my remote start function in the low idle position if I leave the switch on and the cruise in the ON position. I can use my set button (push in the end of the turn signal lever) and move the idle from low (800 RPM) to mid (1100 RPM) if I try to go into high idle (1500 RPM)by using the Resume function of the cruise it will shut my truck off unless I put the key in the ignition first and turn it to the ON position.

I am not sure if mine is functioning the same as everyone elses since I seem to have 4 idle speeds:
1) normal 550-600 RPM
2) High Idle Low 800 RPM
3) High Idle Mid 1100 RPM
4) High Idle High 1500 RPM