PDA

View Full Version : Is Juice Manual Available Online?

DrL30047
10-07-2002, 05:00
A few questions of The Juice:

I'd like to read the manual before I buy one. Is the manual available anywhere online for download?

Is there a switch mounted in the cab which allows you to change the levels on the fly?

I keep reading about the software updates which seem to come frequently. Do you have to remove the Juice and send it back in each time, or do they send you a chip that you install yourself?

Thanks.

GMC-2002-Dmax
10-07-2002, 06:53
DrL30047,

Here is the manual on the "JUICE" in simple terms.

1) It plugs in under the hood ( 4 easy connections )and is attatched to the electrical cover on the drivers side of the engine compartment with velcro.

2)The box is set by the gear shift indicator and the accelerator pedal....

R,D,3,2,1 when selected and the pedal pressed 3 times to the floor sets the power level. The box remembers the level even if removed from the truck.

3)You can run a different power level in normal and tow/haul mode.

4)The latest version is 4.31 and it is available in regular and "HOT" programming.

5)It will take your truck a period of time to learn what to do with the extra power. It does not take long.

6)EGT and Boost gauges are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

7)If you need to be convinced that you need one I am sure everyone that has one will chime in.

8)Some trucks due to thier uniqueness may give undesired results, this is in part for the rapid releases in versions to keep ahead of the potential issues.

9)Edge is very helpful and if you search the forums many of the earlier boxes had issues with "fishbite" and some with stalling. These to my knowledge have been addressed.

I personally have had ZERO problems and it was well worth the investment.

Good Luck.

GMC ;)

HawgGuy
10-07-2002, 12:39
Here ya' go:

http://www.rakov.net/juicedocs/

DrL30047
10-08-2002, 01:01
Thanks. Very interesting reading.

What about all the software updates I read about? Do you have to remove the unit and send it in each nd every time?

HawgGuy
10-08-2002, 19:46
Yes, you have to remove the unit and send it in for firmware upgrades.

A firewire/usb port on these things would be great for PC based upgrades.

-bob