PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy Headlight Harness Kit

zip
07-02-2002, 12:39
Do other vehicles flash their lights at ya when your lights are on using Kennedy's 4-light kit?
I don't want people to think I'm running my Bright lights all the time. (Birthday comin up-- it might be a good "gift."
zip

TLA
07-02-2002, 12:43
I've had it happen a couple of times, but I'm lowered 1.5 inches in the rear. Only happened when the 6 horse trailer was on and I didn't pay enough attention to ride height. By all means get the kit and at least the higher wattage hi-beams. You won't want to drive anything else at night!

SoMnDMAX
07-02-2002, 13:08
Nope. As long as I've got them on low beam, no problems.

The harness coupled with the 70 watt lows and the 100 watt highs is a vast improvement over the stock headlight setup. You'll be impressed!!

Silver Bullet
07-02-2002, 21:11
Zip,
I had several questions I asked of Mdrag about the harness since he had been running it for a while. I trust his judgement based on what he has done to his truck, his thorough documenting with pictures and captions, and his attention to detail. And Alli-max says you can eat off his shop floor it is so clean! He gives it 2 thumbs up and is very pleased with the performance and quality! He sold me...it is on my wish list.

Billy14
07-02-2002, 22:45
I love the harness,

Really makes a difference on the TX hill country roads with deer, cattle, horses, and anything else that might get through, or over a fence.

Only problem I've got (which I had to some degree before) is if you pull up behind a small car at a light or drive through, get ready for waving hands, mirror adjustments, stares, & maybe a waving finger or two. That seems to all go away though when you hit the BRIGHTS.

Billy

mdrag
07-02-2002, 22:51
zip,

I've not been flashed using the KD harness, and it's been on for over 6 months. Here is a link to a previous 2 page discussion on the Kennedy Harness:

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=001949&p=

IMHO, a highly recommended upgrade.

Silver Bullet,

Thanks for the vote of confidence...but watch out for Alli-max. His recent behavior ('rain gutter' intake mod :eek: ) makes me believe that he hasn't been going to therapy... ;)

This topic is being moved to the 2500HD/3500 HD Trucks & Drivetrain forum. :eek: