PDA

View Full Version : Recent rough idle fixed.

Randee of the Redwoods
06-19-2005, 15:35
Wasn't the pedal assembly after all. Thanks to some help from gmenor, we tracked the trouble down to bad fuel. Apparently, no one told me that diesels don't run too well on 93 octane. Yep. You read that right. SOMEONE(smiley) seems to have slipped gasline into my tank. After a couple hours Saturday night draining off the motor(disconnected lines at pump), I put in some fresh DIESEL fuel. After a long dry startup process, the motor roared to life and ran better than it did just a few hours earlier. It's running and idling smooth now just like it used to.
Ok. So I goofed. Like YOU never screwed up like this before.
But, lesson learned. I just thankful, still, that there was enough diesel in the tank to dilute the gasoline enough to keep the engine running for the two times I drove it AFTER the mistake.
Next stop: chip and injectors!

john8662
06-19-2005, 17:00
What ever happened to the dreams of the Dmax?

I'm glad you decided to keep the 6.5 personally, just curious.

Randee of the Redwoods
06-20-2005, 14:42
Dreams of the Dmax are still dreams. They were pretty much quashed after I consulted my wallet.
But, one can still dream.................

jspringator
06-20-2005, 14:56
My wallet and I decided that I an going to rebuild my engine when it blows, and keep it. Mine does too good a job towing (out of the mountains) to spend $45,000 on a new one. I only tow 5-6 times per year.