PDA

View Full Version : stalled !

zrone
07-01-2002, 15:17
While driving in taffic stop and go, truck is rolling slow I hit the go pedal and I stall. Panic, turn key and starts right back up. Wouldn't you know it there was a guy in a powerstroke behind me with a smile on his face.
I have the Juice box in since 6/23 set on level 4. I also replaced the fuel tank with transfer flow 56 gallon on 6/22. Still on my first tank of fuel down to about half. I also noticed a slight lope at idle when cold. Never stalled or loped before any ideas.

mackin
07-01-2002, 15:27
My truck did that too. Just a couple times, I had JUICE (90 HP) in but for only a couple days, less then a week..... Seemed to me it was a temp thing? Truck was not up to full operating temp (about 100 or so degrees?) and it would fall on it's face once, or it stalled twice .....Three incidents total, Hasn't done it since .....

MAC smile.gif

[ 07-01-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Joe.G
07-01-2002, 16:45
I have the latest version juice, ran up to the grocery store (1 1/2 miles) and when I started out on the highway from a stop it just died. Never done that before and hasn't done it since, I was in mode 1 normal. I had just changed the fuel filter and thought that might have been the problem so I reprimed it, time will tell I guess.

TLA
07-02-2002, 06:39
I have had the stall 3 times now - once going down the drive in 1st with a big load of hay (10 mph), once slowing to turn in a drive at the farm (left turn at about 5 mph), and once making a rolling left turn a a traffic light. I was in either level 3 or level 2. OAT was in the 80's. Twice have gotten the SES light, once it cleared on it's own. This time, the trans is shifting real funny, holding gears longer, shifting rough, not getting the downshifts on decel. I changed the fuel filter, thinking that might be it, but haven't driven it yet. My Juice version is not marked on the box. I think I will unhook the Juice, and see if the trouble goes away.

MudNurI
07-02-2002, 07:28
TLA--

Your truck is/was doing exactly what mine was doing in limp mode- due to a bad fuel filter. The shifts were eratic, and I lost my "grade breaking"...I'm not sure if there is an error message that has to be cleared in order to fix the problem. my SES stored the fault, and that's how the dealer knew it was the filter. We had 22,000 miles on it, so I guess it was our own fault. Since then, we have stayed with the dyed fuel, (taxes paid) and haven't had a problem, we have put about 8,000 miles on it since, and noticed nothing wrong...

someone here must know if there is a error needed to be cleared to get the transmission back out of limp mode?????

Brandy