PDA

View Full Version : i can't breath.

tmg115
06-29-2002, 20:17
i think my truck needs to breath a little better. should i chop holes in the box and get a new filter?

also when i am at the strip how bad will i hurt my truck if i took the filter out for the race then put it back in?

Kennedy
06-30-2002, 09:56
I have the Amsoil filter in a very SLIGHTLY modified box and find it to breath just fine. To be honest, I think we are up against other engine mgt issues AND the OE fuel supply/turbo are strating to show signs of tiring when we push the limit.

Then again, if your Allison will hold in 5th gear stacked, you are NOT making power.

Put your exhaust on and you should be pleasantly surprised...

When the filter minder shows you have restriction, THEN you are seriously ovewhelming the stock box.

On edit: The Juice brings it on early and strong then levels off or even tapers off depending on conditions. The Maximizer just follows the stock curve, and cannot alter anything but pressure. Since the Juice fuels hard, then relaxes, this is likely what you feel. The thing is, the Juice is SO strong down low that it cannot continue to add without risk of engine (EGT) or transmission damage...

[ 06-30-2002: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

tmg115
06-30-2002, 11:47
"On edit: The Juice brings it on early and strong then levels off or even tapers off depending on conditions. The Maximizer just follows the stock curve, and cannot alter anything but pressure. Since the Juice fuels hard, then relaxes, this is likely what you feel. The thing is, the Juice is SO strong down low that it cannot continue to add without risk of engine (EGT) or transmission damage..."

that would explane why my truck dosn't feel as strong when i am at high speeds.

Kennedy
06-30-2002, 19:26
Also bear in mind that the bottom end is so strong that the top end feels softer than it actually is, it just tapers off where the pressure boxes build to peak torque.