PDA

View Full Version : HOBBY TRUCKS?

BROKERS
10-01-2002, 20:08
Why are you guys spending a large part of your earnings on a backwards investment?

I could not even begin to understand this obsession!Juice this Juice that!

If you want to burn money, just buy a big fast boat and pray for cheap Iraq fuel! My BAJA with SUPER CHARGED 502's Just love fuel!
As far as i'm concerned, D/A's are slow and un-responsive!My 98 F-150 Lariet/4x4 e/cab with a 5.4l will blow the doors off any of my haulers!

Take that to the grave !

Later TOM !

Paintdude
10-01-2002, 20:20
If you want responsive get on a motorcycle..No Boats or Horses for me..sorry...So what is the 1/4 mile time on a boat like that?

I just don`t see the need for Juicing a Dmax..Torque is what matters to me and a stock one has plenty of that..

Maverick
10-01-2002, 20:25
"I could not even begin to understand this obsession!Juice this Juice that!"

"As far as i'm concerned, D/A's are slow and un-responsive!"

You just answered your own question.

I wish I had the BIG money to blow on high dollar toys like 2000ft racing boats with 25 502ci alcohol burning motors. I don't think anybody on this board has as much money as you. You are a very lucky person. If you feel the need to burn some more money, I'll take some and burn it for you. I gets cold up here.

GMC-2002-Dmax
10-01-2002, 20:27
Broker,

I had my share of BiG Block Powered GM cars in my day,

1968 SS396,350HP,M20,3:73 posi,
1969 SS396,RHS 427cid 450HP,M21,4:10 posi
1969 SS396,L78 375HP,M21,4:10 posi
1972 SS454,approx. 450HP,M21,3:31 posi

I now have a family, wife & 3 kids. I can afford to buy whatever I want for a vehicle, my backward investment is FUN, a huge Tax Rightoff for me, and I am doing my small part to contribute to this ecomomy by buying things that I want and do not necessarily need. smile.gif

I did not need the truck I have nor did I really need all the extra's that I have invested in it, I JUST WANTED THEM!! SO I BOUGHT THEM. :eek:

TO EACH THERE OWN, :D

BESIDES IT'S FUN WHEN A 3 1/2 TO 4 TON TRUCK BLOWS THE DOORS OFF MOST ANYTHING NEXT TO IT AT A LIGHT. RUN YOUR FORD AND SEE HOW YOU COMPARE TO A SUPER JUICED TRUCK ;)

LATER,

GMC tongue.gif

BROKERS
10-01-2002, 20:29
Paintdude,Broker here.
I don't know what my 1/4mile trip is ,but i know what my smile factor is (12/10 )with 1500hp under my throtle is!
It's a throw away money factor!Who cares but the Kennedy's!I know HOOT & DUKE count every Penn Quarter! They can't party anyhow,OMISH!
Later TOM !

Pizza Man
10-01-2002, 20:36
Harsh, funny, sorta true, and whatever you do don't hook that flariat up to ANY of your trailers.

Paintdude
10-01-2002, 20:40
sounds like you need some NOS on that boat..My street bike is in the high 10`s..Best I can do..

We have boat races here everyear on the Decatur (armpit of America)Lake..shallow lake with some real high speed racing..

what I really want to know is................

Do the BABES Like the boat??????? Stupid question,I know.. tongue.gif

I stored Steve Johnsons Boat in one of my sheds last winter..Twin 454`s, etc..I could only imagine the babes that have been in that boat down at the Gulf...He is quite the cool dude.. :cool:

mackin
10-01-2002, 20:41
BROKERS ,

Did you get plastered and pass out and talk in your sleep???I think someone got your forum password.....

:confused:

MAC

BROKERS
10-01-2002, 20:42
Maverick,Broker here!

Hey ,you and i are a world apart!

I'm trying to make money and enjoy it with family and friends!

I'm a type (A) business person and a type ((FUN ))father/father-in-law /buddy/go-to-guy/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mav, I moved 6013 units last year and sold my families company to the biggest aggregate producer in the USA on a bad day!Uncle SAM loves Guys like you and me, we(PAY TAXES!!!!)

[ 10-01-2002: Message edited by: BROKERS ]</p>

PEANUTGRWR
10-01-2002, 20:43
IT ALMOST SOUNDS LIKE MOM AND DAD ARE STILL GONE FROM THE WEEKEND DONT IT :confused: :confused:

mackin
10-01-2002, 20:44
What am I gonna do with a bike in frozen January????? Or a boat when the lakes and rivers are frozen??????
My Dmax is all season.....

MAC

BROKERS
10-01-2002, 20:46
Mac! FunnY!

What pay,s your bills?

NASDAQ used to pay mine!

Paintdude
10-01-2002, 20:49
Mac,Go south..with your truck and boat or bike..simple.... :D

PEANUTGRWR
10-01-2002, 20:50
BROKERS, YOU EVER GO GET GROCIERIES IN THE LINGENFELTER PREPPED TAHOE?

[ 10-01-2002: Message edited by: PEANUTGRWR ]</p>

mackin
10-01-2002, 20:51
STAINLESS STEEL !!!!!!!!!

MAC

Pizza Man
10-01-2002, 20:58
One of my suggestions over at PUTC was to have a section for "Working" trucks. Seems most the working trucks don't come to Putc or here. Yes there are some alaskian exceptions. ASk questions about ladder racks , generators, stake body conversions and there isn't much response. But ask about juice or floor mats or shiny rims and you get all the answers and then some!

BROKERS
10-01-2002, 20:59
GUY's When the BAJA is parked in KEY WEST (JANUARY) i"ll be thinking about you as i get my first Cubra-Libre Poured by my thrusty topless bar keeper in Key-West for my B-DAY!

Again Who cares about HP? Longevity is where it's at! Long live the *** 's who Engineered this troll of fossil fuel advancers!

BROKERS
10-01-2002, 21:05
PENUT! My wife gets the feed ! The 5.7litre LINGENFELTER makes sure the popsicles don't melt!
GEE! My wifes 540i is taking a back seat to the 03 H2! She say's it rides better and is more responsive!

mdrag
10-01-2002, 21:12
...could be the NOS has a leak :D

BROKERS
10-01-2002, 21:15
CT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most what? Gay marriges in the UNION !

Most same (sex) marriges!

Did the Kennedy"s move to CT from MA ?

The BOOT LEGGIN'KENNEDY's!

I need more cheap FUEL! :eek:

BROKERS
10-01-2002, 21:21
mdrag, BROKER here!

When you get something worth racing,I'LL BE THERE!

I'll race the brand that you want!

PEANUTGRWR
10-01-2002, 21:27
THE H2 IS A GLORIFIED TAHOE. SAME FRAME, SAME POWERTRAIN WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE 6.0. SAME SUSPENSION SAME EVERYTHING AS FAR AS THE RUNNING GEAR IS. THEY JUST CRAMMED A ARMY JEEP BODY ON IT AND PUT A 50K PRICETAG ON IT. BUT I GUESS SINCE YOUR IN TO HOT ROD TAHOES LMAO YOULL BE JONNY ON THE SPOT FOR A H2 HUH tongue.gif tongue.gif

Pizza Man
10-01-2002, 21:32
H2's gettin the D/A next year.

PEANUTGRWR
10-01-2002, 21:37
AND THE H2 WILL STILL BE A TAHOE RUNNING GEAR WITH A D/A WITH A ARMY JEEP BODY. BUT HECK SINCE BROKERS IS INTO HIGHPERFORMANCE GROCIERYGETTERS HE CAN FINALLY HAVE A REASON TO GET A JUICE HUH??? :cool: IM KINDA LOST ABOUT THE H2 HAVING MORE GET UP AND GO THAN HIS WIFES 540i--- ARE BMW'S THAT DOGGY?? TO TAKE THE BACK SEAT TO A 6.0 GASSER??

[ 10-01-2002: Message edited by: PEANUTGRWR ]

[ 10-01-2002: Message edited by: PEANUTGRWR ]</p>

PEANUTGRWR
10-01-2002, 21:42
OH I MUST ADMIT ONE THING. THE REAR SUSPENSION IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT THAN THE TAHOE. INSTEAD OF COIL SPRINGS IT HAS AIR BAGS. ;)

Kennedy
10-01-2002, 21:50
Broker, Kennedy here. :rolleyes:

This thread reminds me of an old demented song entitled "The piano has been drinking" :eek:

In this case it could be the keyboard... :D

[ 10-01-2002: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

AKDmax
10-01-2002, 23:45
Brokers,
You gotta go see a doctor and get the wilky anti-venom.

conradv
10-02-2002, 00:00
Anyone thought of adding a "War-Room" Forum to the diesel page? This is getting silly.

SoCalDMAX
10-02-2002, 00:29
WTH????

Did Broker go on vacation and leave the:

1. Closet door open
2. Basement door open
3. cage open
4. House to a rabid Ford owning "friend"? (I use the terms rabid and friend in the loosest sense)

Was the computer:

A. Left on?
B. Keyboard drunk/incapacitated?
C. logged in already?
D. password automatically filled in?
E. Keyboard dipped in catnip/attacked by the cat?

I'm guessing 4 and D or E, but I could be wrong. Working too hard and suddenly hitting the Cuba Libres/crack pipe a little too hard might produce similar results. I'm not willing to test the theory... :eek:

Puzzled, Steve

ItsMrBill
10-02-2002, 04:08
Kennedy, which version of the "Piano has been drinking"?

The original or the Dan Hicks version?

mackin
10-02-2002, 04:11
Wow !!!!!!

That's Vermont there HOT-SHOT with them gay gatherings !!!!!!!!! Only state allowing same sex unions.....Just wanted to set the record.....It must be a Barn Yard animal thing or something..... :eek:
Now put the Fire Water down and get some sleep..You got some miles to rack up !!!!!!!!

Ct has it's own issues.......Mr tax man and company !!!!! We don't need any more issues....

MAC :D

mtomac
10-02-2002, 04:47
th H2 is on a modified Suburban chassis

mackey_62
10-02-2002, 06:39
You know, in his first post...I kind of.....agreed....just a little. Oh, this is gonna hurt, I can feel it.

If you look at the list of mods some of you guys have, geesh. None of my business how you spend your $, don't get me wrong.

I can see myself getting flamed already....ouch
So I better quit right now, (have a lot of work to do, don't have time for p###ing contest on internet)
Maybe, without the ZF6, I'd be doing steroids too, kidding!
Seriously, I guess since I drive one of the plainer trucks around here, thats why I agreed.....just a little
:D

Where'd that thing about Vt. come from :eek: Glad I'm a couple hours away!!!

Hey Mac, I'm with ya on the TV commercial thing though. We can use mine if you need a plain-jane that looks like a work truck. :D

GMC D-Max
10-02-2002, 07:20
Hmmmm....Some of us still have a lot less into our trucks than what that slab-sided, trendy, wannabe H2 costs! And what can you do with that, other than terrorizing little old ladies and kids in the parking lot at your local Wallyworld? I can dust off ricers, alot of wannabe sports cars, and still carry my Caribou 11M camper, tow damn near anything, and kick sand in the faces of my F**d drivin' buddies. Life is good, I say! Let's nuke Iraq and put a big spigot in the middle east with a hose running all the way to America! tongue.gif

mackey_62
10-02-2002, 07:51
There's an idea :D

Cheap fuel = less cost = more spare change = more toys for trucks = more HP = need new tires = chewed up pavement = more construction work = more overtime = more spare change etc.......... and on and on and on......all across America :D

Come on George....nuke 'em. Look what it'll do for our economy.

Everybody will be happy (except Suddam) we'll all be pullin 100+ mph boats with our 500+ HP trucks :D :D :D

Jelisfc
10-02-2002, 08:04
"You gotta go see a doctor and get the wilky anti-venom." I love this quote!!!!

I was watching the Fbody Havoc video yesterday at work. (18 minutes of late model Camaros and T/A's tearing it up). When a coworker and I got to talking I said the video reminded me of my younger days and that car/truck performance is the most addicting drug I can think of. No matter what you do it's not enough, someone has more, and it makes you want more. It is not a "Keeping up with the Jones" mentality it's type 'A' personality quest for the best addiction which is worse.

Having said that I'm also back on the wagon living life "under the curve". The straight pipes are off the truck hoping to sell it easier. No immediate upgrade plans for my '03 Dmax on order, and the Polaris XCSP ready for snow...my one performance outlet for me and the kids. You live your life and I'll live mine.

hoot
10-02-2002, 08:24
Broker offered to stop buy with some of his toys. He wanted Duke and I to come out and play.

Broker,

I appreciated the invite but like you said, I'm not into the party scene anymore. Sooner or later it'll catch up to ya.

Wow, what a scene....

This thread of posters on a cigarette boat doin about 12 cans an hour each... :D

GMC-2002-Dmax
10-02-2002, 14:38
Where's Broker??

Too "HOT" in the kitchen????

Hey MAC, maybe Broker had wilkey in the truck with him on a tow, and maybe it was Broker's seat that was too far back tongue.gif tongue.gif

I know that we definately need a WAR ROOM, at least the people that stirred the pot can be there to eat the stew ;) .

Well I think I have to go and Buy something else for my non-cash bearing depriciable asset, as my accountant calls it.

Later,

GMc

SoCalDieselNewbie
10-02-2002, 15:18
Broker,

Why don't you put that Baja to good use?

100 mph? Big whoop... H*ll out here on the west coast, we ski behind boats doin over 100 mph.

Get that baja outlaw away from those sissy keys and out to Sunny Southern California for the Catalina Ski Race.

Noting like 80+ boats trying to squeeze through a tight breakwater, towing single or double skiers behind them, right after the start.

Come on Broker... Lets see how that Baja Outlaw does out here on the West Coast with you on a 8' plank.

mackin
10-02-2002, 16:05
Broker disappeared again ????Or did he sober up ????......Dam just when it was getting fun....We don't need a war room we all like each other now, with war we won't ......Hope to see you and your 5.4 and me in my Moded out (economy spinning reverse investment) Juiced to the Max Duramax rolling on the streets of the North East......I'll show you HAULING A$$,and I got the I Support The State Police tickets to prove it....See another good reason I'm putting grub on THEIR tables, in honor of a mod,JUICE......See your just looking at it in reverse..... tongue.gif Thanks for the entertainment ,this thread exploded with enthusiasm.....See you in a 100K or so .....As GMC-2000 said put the dam seat up "SHORTY"........She'll run good stock !!!!!!!!!

MAC

Not posting SIG for Broker's benfit !!!!!!! :rolleyes: LOL

Quote:Again Who cares about HP? Longevity is where it's at! Long live the *** 's who Engineered this troll of fossil fuel advancers!
=============&gt;"ME"&lt;==============

[ 10-02-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

BROKERS
10-04-2002, 19:10
OH,BOY! Got a little scared when 8' planks were mentioned! I like to see the fools who would waterski behind a boat like mine at full bore.

Sorry guy's, just super busy! Hey where is Wilky?
I tried the seat thing and it only works in my F-550's ! LOL!

Guy's keep it loose!

P.S.
I want to pull the little trailer with my 99 Tahoe in next years pull-off!!HINT ! Invite me.

Later Tom.

afp
10-04-2002, 21:36
Broker,

If you really want to go fast, you need to get of the surface..............

Since I've already been there and done that (Mach 1.2 in a USAF "toy" jet), my interest runs more along the lines of hunting and shooting for a hobby.

However, it is nice to have a Juiced DMax as a daily driver. When I need to haul something, it's there. When I get my trailer in a couple years, it's there. When I need to load the wife, two kids, the dog, and lots of stuff, it's there. When some pipsqueak in a rice burner/Ford/etc get's in my way, my Juiced DMax is there.

Tell me again. What is the downside here? ;)

Blaine

SoCalDMAX
10-05-2002, 00:07
I'm sure the rest of you noticed, but he's using GMs and Fords to pull the same 53' trailers. Of course, the GM product is a 3500 and the Ford is an F550... makes perfect sense to me. :D And the new ones are GM.

Are we seeing a shift in the fleet? Will the Fords retire to be replaced with GM trucks?

Since he's racking up the miles much faster than the rest of us, his fleet of Dmax trucks will hopefully prove the durability of the engine. Running them for 480,000+ miles loaded and then finding a willing buyer, I'd call that fairly durable.

Regards, Steve

hoot
10-05-2002, 13:45
SoCal,

I guess he would have to get a C5500 Dmax to compete with the F550.

Chris N5CWM
10-05-2002, 18:19
Hey Brokers, what model Baja do you have? Is it
a 29, 33,36 or 40 Outlaw? Or is it a Baja 342?
How does it compare to this one?

http://n5cwm.dynip.com/40outlaw/baja-outlaws.html

Vette Racer
10-05-2002, 21:43
BROKERS

GO FOR IT! The last time I checked, "He who dies with the most toy's wins"!! :D :D

What a way to go.

Big O
10-05-2002, 22:34
GO FOR IT! The last time I checked, "He who dies with the most toy's wins"!!
-------------------------------------------------

Nothing is wrong with enjoying our toys, but if that is ALL you have when you die--you lose big time.

Vette Racer
10-05-2002, 23:00
Hey, Different strokes for different folks!!! Didn't mean to step on your lip. ;)

BROKERS
10-06-2002, 07:30
CHRIS,its a 33outlaw with sstpackage.
Twin 502 ,carb,Eaton blowers.
I'm making 740-760hp per side.

Later Tom.

car of the week
10-06-2002, 11:57
BROKER-

Only a 33' Baja???? That is not so big, there are larger boats on our lakes here in california. With all your money, why don't buy a bigger boat with more power--say a couple of Sterling 1000's. Then when you step up to the bigger boat, why don't you get a real boat--like a 42' Fountain to put those Sterling 1000's in.

Just a thought ;)

[ 10-06-2002: Message edited by: car of the week ]</p>

MAD-MAX
10-06-2002, 17:18
MY dogs bigger than your dog..... :D :D :D :rolleyes:

Big O
10-06-2002, 22:38
Vette Racer,
Don't be concerned about stepping on my lip, I'm in good shape. :D I realize these toys are temporary, like the joy that comes with them.

Maverick
10-06-2002, 23:10
Like I always say:

"He who dies with the most toys.....still dies." :D

Chris N5CWM
10-07-2002, 00:23
BROKERS, have you seen the Offshore Only forum?
The Baja Owners Forum has two times more posts
than any other forum, including Fountain, Scarab
and other "poplular" boats. Baja's KICK ASS!
They are not the FASTEST thing on the water but
when it comes down to value ya can't beat a Baja.

Here is the URL. Sorry but you'll have to Cut N
Paste the following since HTML is always off here:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=a**2dd85fd3fdc74d41ec6b15e31f09 f&forumid=31

If that doesn't work, then just go to
http://offshoreonly.com/
then click on THE BOARD in the yellow section
at the top of the page.

It's a free forum. The other good sections are
General Discussion and Technical Q & A.

Let me know if you sign up!
I use the handle GottaHaveIt. smile.gif

-Chris

MountainMax
10-07-2002, 08:15
Broker: Before you posted this thread you were like a God on another board who had racked up this unbelievable amount of miles. It seemed like all of us were watching your durability record to validate our own truck purchases. In cases you are confused,.. the "Juice" is for the truck,.. not for the driver. As far as what makes one happy, my Grandfather used to say "It's a good thing we all don't like the same thing or everybody'd be after your grandma." Wise man. Speaking of quotes. Have you heard this one; "It is better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and confirm it"?

hoot
10-07-2002, 08:43
BROKER,

What do you find to be the differences in the GM's and the Fords as far as drivetrain/suspension component durability.

What about maintenance? Any big differences? Does the GM cost more or less per mile than the Fords?

DieselDennis
10-08-2002, 14:15
And BROKERS I've got another question for you. You had the Fords, and said you didn't have any complaints about them, why did you go with the GM Duramax on your recent one ton purchases? Was it GCVW issues? Something tells me you're probably a little heavy already. Not that I'm innocent of such a "crime" on a regular basis too.

GT
10-08-2002, 18:42
Some times things get a little rough here but we all love the D-Max and I enjoy your post here. Cranky

ChaoticRacer
10-10-2002, 14:15
Well..I'm late but anywayz...LoL H2 is on the TAHOE frame, not the Suburban frame. The H2 outrunning a 540i BMW..Wow someone is highly full of sh!t, as I have driven 3 of them. Trust me 140mph comes quickly ;) Since when did the 5.7 come in a 99 Tahoe, and when did Lingenfelter start working on them? LoL someons been smokin some low end stuff :rolleyes:

car of the week
10-10-2002, 14:37
CHAOTICRACER--

Not to burst your bubble, but the '99 tahoe's only came with the 5.7 liter. And as for Lingenfelter...he will work on anything GM for the money...did you see his 2500 ex cab 6.0 liter with twin-turbo's? That truck ran 12.97 in the 1320. Pretty impressive.

Ryan

chuntag95
10-10-2002, 14:37
Just checked out http://www.lingenfelter.com/packages05.asp and it is for a Chevy SUV. Who knows what base engine he used 3 years ago.

[ 10-10-2002: Message edited by: chuntag95 (Chris) ]</p>