PDA

View Full Version : DURAMAX/ALLISON TRAN

BIGGAR
09-25-2003, 15:58
TOOK MY FIRST TRIP TO THE MOUNTAINS IN NORTHERN CA. TRANNY TEMP GOT TO 180-90 THATS SEEMED TO KICK IN CLUTCH FAN. IS THAT NORMAL. IT ALSO SEEM TO DOWN SHIFT MORE WHEN CLIMBING AND SHIFT POINT WAS UP TO AROUND 3 ON THE TACH. NOT GETTING MUCH INFO FROM THE DEALER. JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THATS ALL NORMAL. THANKS

BIGGAR
09-26-2003, 06:40
MIKE L.
THANKS, JUST GET A LITTLE NERVOUS WHEN SOMETHING NEW HAPPENS. DEALER SAID SAME THING AS LONG AS NO WARNING LIGHTS COME ON IT SHOULD BE FINE. I GUESS THE SHIFT POINTS CHANGE ALL THE TIME. BUT TACH WAS WINDING UP TO ALMOST RED LINE IN BEFORE IT SHIFTED SO KIND OF FREAKED ME OUT.

crossbow
09-26-2003, 08:46
The first time that happened to me I thought the damn thing was getting ready to explode! I pulled over, checked her out and continued on. Now I am ready for it when it goes.

It is noisy though.

BIGGAR
09-26-2003, 09:38
CROSSBOW;
GLAD TO HERE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE TO FREAK OUT.
DID IT KICK ON WHEN TRANNY TEMP @ 190? THATS WHAT I'M KIND OF TRYING TO FIND OUT. I WASN'T TOWING ANYTHING BUT OUTSIDE TEMP WAS 107 DEG.

letsgo
09-26-2003, 16:57
Wait until you go over the crest of a hill or mountain pass, take your foot of the gas pedel and coast down the hill waiting for the tranny to down shift into tranny brake mode and the tack instantly jumps from 2500rpm to 3800rpm the SCREAM from the engine will knock your socks off.

But its OK, its happened twice to me and still scares the H#LL out of me.

good luck